57- Uh, Vanilla Cupcake..?

Man this plot is confusing! Who's on who's side? Who knows! Certainly not me, the author.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*+*That night*+*

Madeleine can't sleep, but Espresso can, surprisingly.

Espresso isn't having a good time though.

Espresso con Panna is standing in a blank room.

He looks around, 'Hello?'

He gets punched in the back of the head. He hisses and turns to see Espresso. The original.

Espresso is missing a hand.

Espresso con Panna (shortening to EP) chuckles, 'Look at you! You're pathetic!'

Espresso punches him again, "You had to take over my body!"

EP scowls, 'Why do you care? You'll be dead before anyone realizes you're gone.'

"You mentioned that one of them already feels something's off."

'He will be dealt with. Madeleine will forget about you.'

Espresso doesn't say anything.

EP grabs Espresso's wrist, holding up his missing hand, 'See? You're fading, Espresso. That light magic can't protect you forever. You aren't good at light magic.'

Espresso slaps EP, then yanks his wrist away.

EP wakes up.

EP looks around the room, sighs, then lays down again. He drifts into a dreamless sleep.

Madeleine paces around the living room. "He looks like Espresso. He talks similarly to him. He acts.. almost like him.. But he isn't Espresso. Not my Espresso."

Madeleine sighs, then goes into Espresso's lab.

Madeleine hugs himself, looking at the still equipment. "Where is the real Espresso?"

He closes the door behind himself as he leaves.

He checks on Mocha, who's fast asleep.

He checks on.. 'Espresso'. Also asleep.

Madeleine leaves the house. Blackberry is on patrol tonight. Her ghosts float around Madeleine, who turns to her, "Good evening."

She nods, "Good evening. Is something on your mind? You usually aren't out this late."

"Something's off about Espresso. We found him and Red Velvet, brought them back, but.. Espresso's not fully acting like himself."

"Would you like us to keep an eye on him?"

"That would be helpful, I'm not sure how much though. He's so similar to Espresso."

Blackberry offers a hug, but Madeleine shakes his head, "Thank you for offering, but I just need to walk around a bit."

Blackberry asks, "Would you like company?"