Chapter Fifteen

Stefania
The next day

We walked into the house, Danielle supporting me while holding Rory's hand.
"Rory, why don't you go take a shower sweetheart. Get all cozy. I'll order lunch and we'll watch movies." Y/N said as she helped me sit on the couch.
"Mom? Can I spent the night with Aunt Dani tonight?" Rory asked in a small voice.
"I thought you wanted to stay at home? Cuddle up with us?" Y/N knelt down to Rory's level.

Rory shook her head and started picking at her nails.
"Come here bambina." I opened my arms and Rory walked over and sat on my lap.
"Is there a reason you don't wanna stay here?" I asked.
"I don't wanna go in my room." Rory's bottom lip trembled.
"You know you can stay in our room with us, right?"
"I don't wanna be here! I-I-" Rory started breathing hard, and tried to get out of my arms.
"Okay, okay. Shhh, breathe bambina. Breathe with Mamma." I grabbed her hand and placed it on my chest so she could feel my heart beat.
"Look at me bambina. Breathe with me."
I used my other hand to make her face me, and we breathed in and out together.

"We can ask Aunt Dani if you can spend the night there. Okay?" I whispered.
Rory nodded and got off the couch, leaving the room to go take a shower.

Y/N almost immediately burst into silent tears, her face burried in her hands.
"Come here." I reached out with my good arm, pulling my girlfriend into my body. I didn't care how much I was hurting. My girls come before me.
"This isn't my Rory. She's never acted like that before. She's eight years old, having panic attacks because of her piece of shit sperm donor." Y/N whispered as I held her close.
"We'll figure something out. Okay? I don't care if we have to buy a new house. We are going to make sure she feels safe in her own home. The bastard is locked up. He's not getting out of prison anytime soon."
"Promise?" Y/N sniffled.
"I promise. Here, help me up so I can go call Danielle, and you go make us some espressos."

Y/N stood up and gently helped me off the couch.
"Grazie bella." I limped out to the back deck, and dialed Danielle's number.
"Hey, Stef. What's up?"

"Can you do me a huge favor? I wouldn't be asking if it wasn't for Rory. I know you're exhausted after helping us out last night."
"Anything for my niece. What do you need?"

I explained the situation, and Danielle said Rory could stay with her as long as she needed.
I thanked her and hung up the phone.

I made one more phone call, and I walked back inside to the kitchen, to see Y/N staring off into space.
"Bambina?" I whispered as I wrapped my arms around her.
"Fuck! You scared me." She jumped slightly.
"What are you thinking?" I asked as I kissed her cheek.

"Just how much I love you." She leaned back into me and closed her eyes.
"You're gonna love me even more in an hour. Danielle is going to be here in fifteen minutes to get our bambina. And then, you and I are going on a little errand."
"Where are we going?"
"To get our girl a surprise." I winked as I took my espresso from the counter. I took a sip, and smiled softly.
"Do you like it?" She asked.
"Of course bambina. It's even better than the one I make."
It tasted terrible, but Y/N tried and that's all that mattered. God, I love this woman.

"Mom? Mamma?" Rory's small voice came from the other room.
"In the kitchen bambina." I called out.
She walked in, wearing one of my Grey's Anatomy shirts and a pair of her sweatpants.
"Can you brush my hair?" She held out the brush for me.
"Ah, I can try. I don't know how well I can do it in this." I pointed to my cast.
"Want me to do it sweetheart?" Y/N offered.

Rory nodded and sat down on the barstool.
"Your Aunt Dani should be here soon." I said as I sat down next to her.
Rory nodded slightly and stared off into space as Y/N brushed her hair.

A few minuets later, the doorbell rang and Rory jumped slightly.
"Don't worry bambina. It's just Aunt Dani." I said softly as Y/N went to get the door.
"Where's my favorite niece?" Danielle greeted as she walked into the kitchen with Y/N.
"I'm your only niece." Rory smiled softly.
"But that doesn't make you any less my favorite." Danielle leaned over and kissed the top of her head. "Do you have your stuff packed?"
"Uh. No. I-I-" Rory stared at her bedroom.
"Hey! It's okay! You can just wear my clothes. It'll be fun! You can dress up like your favorite Aunt Dani." Danielle quickly said.
"Okay..." Rory whispered.

"I love you baby girl. Be good for Aunt Dani." Y/N kissed the top of her head.
"Ciao bambina. I love you." I squeezed her shoulder gently.
"Bye Mom. Bye Mamma." She waved as she and Danielle walked out of the house.

"I gotta get her into therapy." Y/N sighed.
"Sì. I think it would be good for her. Grab your keys, we're going on an adventure." I said as I grabbed my purse.
"Can you at least tell me where we're going?" Y/N sighed.
"Nope. But, I will give you the address so you can drive."

Twenty minuets later, we pulled up to the surprise.
"A dog?" We're getting her a dog?" Danielle questioned.
She quickly got out and walked to my side of the car, helping me out.
"Sì. An emotional support animal." I smiled at the memories that I had at this place.

We walked inside, and I rang the bell for assistance.
"Hi how can I- Stefania? Oh my God!" My oldest friend ran from behind the counter and stopped right before he hugged me.
"What happened? Are you okay? Oh my God I can't believe you're back!"
"I'm fine. Everything is good. We came to pick up a certain puppy for our daughter." I reached over and took y/n's hand with a smile.
"Holy shit you got married? And I wasn't invited?" He asked with a hurt expression.

"Ah no. I'm Stefania's girlfriend. Y/N-"
"Y/L/N. I recognize you from the show. You're remarkably talented." He smiled as they shook hands.
"Y/N, this is Alberto. One of my friends from Italy. We came over here together. Well, him and his Papa."
"Does Papa know you're coming?"

"Sì, Alberto. Who do you think she called first?"

Y/N

A man around fifty walked out from the back room. He was short, but incredibly built, with jet black hair.
"Ciao Papa." Stefania embraced him in a gentle hug.
"Are you okay bella?" He asked worriedly.
"Sì. Papa, there is someone I want you to meet. This is my girlfriend, Y/N. Y/N, this is Alberto's Papa, Tony."
"It's lovely to meet you." I shook his hand.
"You make my girl happy. I like you already." He said in his thick Italian accent.
"You want to see the puppy, no?" He asked.
"Sì." There was a twinkle in Stefania's eyes.

We held hands as we followed Tony and Alberto to the back.
"Here we are. Just what you asked for."

There were two puppies, one white with black spots and curly hair, and a golden retriever.
"Oh my God! They're both so freaking cute!" I squealed as I got down on the ground and started playing with them both.
"So, what do you say bella? Can we bring our bambina home some puppies?" Stefania asked.
"Wait, we're getting both?"
"Sì. They were dropped at the shelter together, and they've grown up together so far. I'd hate to separate them. They're both certified emotional support animals, and they're both very well trained. They're both around one, so they're not technically puppies so..." Stefania trailed off.
"How could I say no to you? I can never say no to you." I smiled up at my girlfriend.
"That settles it. They have their forever homes!" Alberto clapped.
"What's their names?" Danielle asked.
"The girl is Jeff. The boy is Ford." Tony said.
"The girl is Jeff?" Danielle laughed.
"You remembered! I always said as a kid I would name my future dog Jeff!" Stefania laughed.
"How could I forget. You're very unforgettable, Stefania Spampinato." Tony grinned as Alberto handed Stefania a bag.
"Here's all the things you need for them for at least a week. That will give you time to get everything together." Alberto said.

"Thank you guys for doing this. Really. Our daughter is going to love them so much." I stood up and grabbed the bag from Stefania.
"Just bring my niece by so I can meet her, okay?"

Alberto helped us out to our car with the puppies, and we said our goodbyes.
"I can't believe we just got two puppies." I laughed as we drove home.
"I think it will help our bambina. I mean, look how sweet they are." Stefania smiled as she took pictures of Jeff and Ford cuddled up on her lap.
"I like when you say that. Our bambina." I smiled at her as we stopped at a red light.
"I mean, she's my daughter. I see her like that anyway. She calls me Mamma. I'd do anything for her. And you, amore mio." Stefania leaned over and gently kissed my lips.
"Let's get our puppies home, and I'll order some stuff online for them."