Chapter Fifty-One

Stefania

Y/N excused herself to use the restroom as I walked Barrett up to Danielle's room.
"Can you go in with me?" Barrett asked.
"Of course bella. Whatever you need."

We walked inside, and Barrett broke down crying as Danielle looked over at us.
"Barrett, come here." Danielle patted the side of her bed.
I let go of Barrett's hand and she rushed over to her fiancé, engulfing her in a hug.
"I'm okay baby. We're all okay." Danielle soothed as Barrett cried into her chest.
"I'll go check on the bambina, I'll give you two some time alone." I waved softly as I backed out of the room.
"Wait, take Barrett with you. She needs to see our daughter." Danielle said.
"But-"
"I'm fine, Barrett. I don't want our daughter to be alone. FaceTime me so I can see her."

Barrett nodded and gave Danielle a kiss, then walked out of the room with me.
"Hey, I called Jaina and let her know what was going on. How's Dani?" Y/N asked as she walked up to us.
"She's okay. We're about to go see the baby, wanna come?" I asked.
"I'll switch out with you when you guys come back. I'll keep Danielle company."

I squeezed her hand, and we walked opposite ways.
"Have you decided on a name yet?" I asked as we walked up to the NICU.
"Danielle told me that I should pick before she went back for the surgery." Barrett sighed.
"Whatever you pick, she'll love it."

The nurses helped us step into protective gear and glove up and explained what was going on and what we could and could not do.
"She's right over there. Whenever you're ready." The nurse said with a small smile.

I took Barrett's hand and gave her a nod. We walked over to the incubator.

"Oh my God, she's so tiny." Barrett whispered.

I got my phone out and FaceTimed Danielle

"Oh, my baby!" She gasped as she answered the phone.
"She's beautiful baby." Barrett smiled at the phone.
"You guys did great. She's absolutely gorgeous." I whispered.

Y/N

"God, I can't believe all that happened." I sighed as we walked into the house.
"Thank God that they're all okay."
"Hey, all the kids are already asleep." Jaina called from the couch.
"Thank you for staying. We really appreciate it." I sighed as I plopped next to her on the couch.
"So? How's the baby?"
"She's good considering. She's a whopping 1 lb and 6 oz." Stefania sat down next to me and put her hand on my belly.
"Little baby. Did they decide what they're gonna name her?"

"Amelia Jamari Savre-Doss." I smiled softly as I pulled up the pictures we had taken.
"They're gonna call her Jamari. It means 'a woman warrior', since she's already a fighter." Stefania leaned her head on my shoulder with a small yawn.

"I should get going. You both look exhausted."
"Geeze, thanks Jaina. That's what every woman wants to hear." I joked.
"You know you can stay the night if you want. We have the extra bedroom set up still. We're gonna take the kids to school and daycare tomorrow and then Jay, Oak, and Grey are going to help move the big furniture."  Stefania offered.
"If you don't mind. Xander wore me out. I don't know how you do it especially carrying two more babies."
"You get used to it. It's not too bad seeing as Lu and Rory are old enough to do almost everything for themselves. Just having 3 babies under two wasn't necessarily the plan, but I wouldn't change it for anything."
"Have you thought of any names?"
"Not really. We were waiting until we find out the genders. We have the envelope in our room, and Danielle and Barrett were going to do a gender reveal party but that's been pushed off now." Stefania shrugged with a smile.
"Wait, you have the genders in your bedroom and you haven't peeked!" Jaina exclaimed.
"I mean... I guess we can look." I looked down at Stefania.
"Yes! Go get it and I'll record you both." Jaina clapped excitedly.

Stefania got up and basically skipped to the bedroom, and I sat up straight on the couch.
"What do you think the genders are?" Jaina asked from behind her phone.
"Hmm... I think two girls." I rubbed my growing belly softly.
"Well I think one boy and one girl." Stefania said as she walked in and sat down next to me.

"Okay you two, get to opening!" Jaina cheered.
"Ready?" I looked up at my wife.
"Ready when you are bambina."

We slowly opened the envelope, and pulled out the piece of paper.

"Well? What does it say?" Jaina asked impatiently.
"It's- we're having-"

An:

Sorry for the short chapter. I'm running out of ideas and motivation for this story. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.