Chapter Twenty-Two

Y/N

I called my sisters, Dad, and Stepmom on a group FaceTime call.

"What's up Y/N?" My Dad asked as his face popped up on my screen.
"Hey sis." My little sister, Rebecca answered.
"Y/N! Where's my niece?" My big sister, Angela asked.
"Jennifer is at work, I'll talk to her later." My Dad explained why my step mom didn't answer.

"Okay. We have a lot to catch up on. I know I haven't been calling or texting much, and that is one hundred percent my fault. I've just been so crazy busy at work and with Rory." I sighed.
"We watch you every week. You're killing it." My Dad said proudly.

"Where are you?" Rebecca asked.
"My house."
"That's not your house." Angela stated.
"I don't live at my old house any more. Tyler and I are divorced. He's in jail."

I received a collective 'What!' from the group.

"It's a long story. Can you all drive down? Or we can drive up? I have a lot to tell you."
"I can be down there in two hours. Ang? Becca?" My Dad asked.
"Yeah. We'll be ready."
"What about Jen?"
"I'll see if she can take off work early. She probably can't though." My Dad shrugged.
"Okay. I'll send you all the address. Love you."

I hung up the phone and sighed, putting my head in my hands.
"Bambina? Are you okay?" Stefania asked as she walked into the kitchen.
"My Dad and sisters will be here in two hours." I told her.
"That's great bambina! I can't wait to meet them." She beamed as she hugged me from behind.
"I can't wait either. It's been forever since I've seen them." I turned in her arms and gave her a small smile and pressed a kiss to her lips.
"I'll let Rory wake up on her own. She's exhausted after last night."
"Maybe we can go take a little nap of our own." Stefania whispered with a mischievous look in her eyes.
"I have a feeling that we won't be getting much sleep." I smirked as I backed her towards our bedroom.

Two hours later

"I got it!" I called out as I ran to the door to open it.
"Y/N!" My Dad called out as I opened the door.
"Dad!" I wrapped my arms around him in a hug. God, it really has been forever since I had seen them.

"Damn, this place is nice." Angela said as she walked inside, giving me a hug.
"I missed you too sis." I rolled my eyes playfully.
"And what the hell is that?" I gasped as I saw my little sister's pregnant stomach.
"Surprise." She laughed.
"Oh my God! Why didn't you tell me? How far along are you?" I asked as I hugged her.
"Just eighteen weeks. I didn't want to tell you over the phone."

"Are you guys hungry? We just ordered Chinese for everyone." I said as I led them to the living room.
"I'm always hungry. Now, what's going on kiddo?" My Dad asked as he sat down.

"Well... hold on. I'll be right back." I walked out of the living room and to our bedroom where Stefania was waiting.
"Hey, come here beautiful." I held out my hand.

She walked over and took it with a smile.
We walked back into the living room, hand in hand.

"Dad, Rebecca, Ang, this is Stefania Spampinato." I told them.
"Hey, you're the girl on the show. It's so nice to meet you." My Dad said as he stood up and shook her hand.
"She's not just a co worker. She's my fiancé." I smiled softly at her.
"Whoa what? Seriously?" Angela gasped.
"I know it's a lot to take in but-"
"No, I'm just wondering how you pulled her." Angela laughed.

"Shut up Ang." I rolled my eyes as Stefania and I sat down.

"So, what happened? Why is Tyler in jail? Why are you two divorced?" My Dad asked.
"He was abusive. He was abusing me for years. He would hit me and verbally put me down, and when I started Station 19 and met Stef... I realized that I needed to get out. Stefania let Rory and I stay here after we moved out, and we just kinda fell for each other."
"But why is he in jail?" Rebecca asked.
"He kidnapped Rory one night after the divorce was final. Stefania found them, and they fought. He was charged with kidnapping and assault, since when we got divorced he signed his rights to Rory over."

"I'm gonna kill that bastard." My Dad said while shaking his head.
"Trust me. I came close to it." Stefania said as she leaned back in the love seat.
"We just came back from Italy, where Stefania is from. We went to visit her Dad who was sick. Her sister gave me her Mom's wedding ring, and both her and her Dad gave me permission to ask her to marry me. So, I figured what better place to ask the love of my life to marry me than in her home city."
"I was going to propose to her that day too. But she beat me to it." Stefania laughed.

"That's..."
"A lot to take in." Rebecca finished Angela's sentence.
"I'm really sorry that I haven't called and let everyone know what was going on. Life has just been hectic and overwhelming." I ran my fingers through my hair with a sigh.
"I get it kiddo. We're not mad. We're just glad you're finally happy. And for the record, I never liked Tyler. He was an asshole." My Dad said with a laugh.

The doorbell rang, "That's probably lunch. Stef, will you go wake up Rory?" I asked as I stood up.
"I'll do it! I miss my niece." Rebecca said with a smile as she hopped up.

Stefania

"So Stefania. You love my daughter huh?"
Y/N's Dad said as he leaned forward.
"Yes sir. She is an amazing woman. She's the love of my life." I said with a nod.
"I wasn't there for the first eighteen years of her life, but I had no choice in that. I want her to be happy."
"I want her to be happy as well sir. And Rory. I love that little girl so much. I may not biologically her mother, but she is my daughter."
Her Dad nodded with a smile and leaned back in his chair as Rory walked in with Rebecca.
"Papaw!" She squealed and ran into his arms.
"Hi baby girl! Look at how big you are!" He exclaimed as he hugged her.
"What am I? Chopped liver?" Angela asked.
"Auntie Ang!" Rory jumped into her arms next.

"Food's here! Everyone come eat while it's hot." Y/N called from the kitchen.
"I'll make your plate bambina." I told Rory as I stood up and walked to the kitchen.
"I like your family bella." I whispered as I hugged my fiancé from behind.

"They really like you too." She leaned into me and I pressed a kiss to her cheek.
"I'm glad I finally got to meet them."

"Me too babe. Me too."