Chapter Twenty-Four

Y/N

"Cut! Great job guys!" The director called.
"One more scene." I sighed as Danielle and I walked off set.
"We got this. How was the school drop off this morning?"
"Rory was great. She ran into school like it was nothing. I think Stefania cried more than anyone." I chuckled.
"Miss Y/L/N?" A security guard, Darren, asked as he walked up.
"Darren, I told you to call me Y/N. You don't have to call me Miss." I smiled at him.
"Y/N, there's someone here to see you." He smiled softly at me.
"Did they say who they are?" I asked as I grabbed a water bottle.
"No ma'am- I mean Y/N. She said it was important."
"I'll come with you." Danielle offered.

I nodded and we followed Darren off the set into the security office.
"She's right through there." He nodded to the door as he leaned against the door.
"Thanks Darren."

I had a funny feeling about this. My stomach was in knots.

I walked into the room with Danielle following closely behind me.
"Can I help you?" I asked the woman who's back was turned to me.
She turned and smiled softly at me.
"Hi Y/N."
"Mom?" I whispered as I stared at my biological mother.

Stefania

"Stefania! They need you in the security office." Barrett said as she ran up to me.
"What's wrong?" I asked as she drug me off set.
"It's Y/N."
"What? What happened?" I picked up the pace and ran ahead of her.
I burst into the security office, looking around the room.
"In here Stef!" Danielle called out from another room.
I quickly walked inside and saw Y/N sitting on the floor with her head between her knee's and Danielle holding a cold rag to the back of her neck.
"Bambina? Are you okay? What happened?" I asked as I knelt down next to her.
"She passed out." Danielle told me.
"What? Are you okay? Why did you pass out?" I asked as I took over holding the wash cloth to the back of her neck.

"It's my fault." I heard someone say. I looked up and saw a woman standing in the corner of the room looking nervous.
"Who are you?" I asked with a little anger to my voice.
"My biological Mom." Y/N whispered.
"What? I thought- what?"
"We'll be in the next room." Danielle said as she stood up and led Barrett out.
"Bambina, are you okay?" I whispered as Y/N sat up straight.
She nodded and leaned her head against the wall, grabbing my hand tightly.

"I guess I have some explaining to do." Her Mom said nervously.
"Fuck yeah you do." Y/N spat.
"Y/N..." I said gently.
"I was told that she was dead. My sister's thinks she's dead. My Dad thinks she's dead. Her own mother thinks she's dead."
"Y/N, please listen." Her Mom stepped closer to us.
"You have three minuets to explain." Y/N glared.
"I couldn't handle being a mother. I had a drug problem. I just couldn't do it. I gave you up for adoption and it killed me every day. It drove me to drugs-"
"So it's my fault that you were an addict?" Y/N scoffed.
"Y/N. Let her finish." I interjected.
"I left your sister's with your Grandma. I told her I couldn't do it anymore. She asked what she was supposed to tell two kids about their Mom. I told her I didn't know, tell them I'm dead. I didn't mean it. I wanted to come back to my girls every day. I've been living in LA for ten years. I'm sober, Y/N. Thirteen years sober. When I saw you on TV, I knew that I had to come find you." Her mom had tears in her eyes, and I knew she was genuine.
"I can't do this right now." Y/N stood up and shook her head.

"Please, Y/N. I'm your Mother-"
"You're not shit! You gave me up remember? You made that choice. Not me. You're the one who chose drugs and kept popping out kids like a fucking candy machine. You gave up on us. You walked out on all of us. You walked out on my fucking Dad! It took me so long to not hate you. And then finally, I didn't hate you. For years I wished that you were alive so I could know you. So my daughter could know you. Now when I look at you, I feel disgust. Don't fucking come around me, my fiancé, or my daughter again or I swear to God I will get a restraining order." Y/N shouted. She stormed out of the room, leaving me and her biological mother alone.

"I'm Stefania. Y/N's fiancé." I held out my hand to shake hers.
"Ashley." She shook my hand.
"Take my number. Text me. I'll talk to Y/N." I said as I grabbed a piece of paper and a pen, writing my number down.
"Thank you." She took it with tears in her eyes.

I walked to Y/N's trailer and gently knocked.
"Go away!" I heard her shout.
I shook my head and walked inside, looking at the mess she had made. She had thrown a cup and glass was shattered everywhere.
"Y/N-" I started.
"Stefania I said go away. I'm really not in the mood right now." She growled with her back towards me.
I stepped carefully over the glass, making my way towards her.
I turned her to face me and wrapped my arms around her.
"Stefania, get the fuck off." She tried to push me away.
"Stop. Just stop for a second." I whispered as I held her tighter.

I felt her body loosen as she grabbed onto me and held me close, sobs escaping her body.
"Shhh. I got you." I whispered as I stroked her hair.
"How could she do this to us?" She sobbed.
"I know bambina. I know. Let it out." I whispered words of encouragement into her ear as she sobs slowly stopped.

"I can't believe it." She pulled away and wiped her face.
"Bambina, your hand." I gently took her hand and examined it. It was swollen and a bruise was already forming.
"Yeah. I punched the door." She whispered as she pulled it away.
"Come on. Let's go home." I tugged on her good hand.
"I still have a scene to film-"
"I'll text Krista. She'll understand." I grabbed our bags and pulled my car keys out.
"Rory-"
"Danielle said she would keep her tonight. Come on." I whispered as I led her out of the trailer.