Forty-One

Stefania

I laid in bed on my side staring at the wall. I felt like I had cried all my tears out of my body. I couldn't cry anymore.

I got out of bed, walked to our bathroom and sat down in the shower. At least it was a change of scenery.
"Hey babe? The kids are about- baby?" I heard Y/N call out. I heard her footsteps hitting the carpet, and she peeked her head into the bathroom.
"Baby, what are you doing in the shower?"
"I was gonna take a shower. But I don't think I can stand up." I whispered.
"I can help you take a shower. The kids are about to go with Dani and Barrett. Do you want to come tell them bye?"
I nodded and slowly got up. I felt weak from crying and not eating, but I think I'd throw up if I ate.

We walked into the living room, and Rory ran over and crushed me in a hug.
"Hi bambina." I wrapped my arms around her.
"Te amo mamma." She whispered as she let go.
"Te amo Rory." She kissed the top of her head.

"Bye sweet boy. Mamma loves you." She leaned over and kissed Xander's cheek.

Luna came up and hugged Stefania tightly.
"I'm sorry about your Dad Stef." I heard Luna whisper.
Stefania held her tighter and kissed the top of her head.
"Grazie bambina."

Luna let go and grabbed her bag.
"Is everyone ready to go?" Barrett asked.
They all said goodbye and walked out of the door.

A few seconds later, the door opened and Luna ran in and hugged Stefania again.
"I love you."

She ran out as quickly as she ran in, and left us alone.
"Did she-"
"She did." I wiped a tear from my eye and smiled slightly.
"Fuck. I told myself I wasn't going to cry anymore." Stefania laughed quietly.
"Come here." I grabbed her hand and pulled her in close.
"It's okay to cry. You loved your Papa. And he loved you. You're allowed to be upset. You're allowed to cry. You're grieving."
"I know, I'm just so tired of crying." She wiped her face and sighed.

"Cry as much as you want to honey." I kissed the top of her head.

The doorbell rang and I pulled away from her, "Are we expecting anyone else?" I asked.
She shook her head and sat down on the couch as I walked to the door.

I opened it and saw a woman standing on the other side of the door with a bag.
"Can I help you?"
"Is Stefania here?" She asked in a thick accent.
"Depends. Who are you?" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Maria?" I heard Stefania asked.
"Stefania." She walked passed me and hugged her.
They started talking in fast Italian, so I couldn't understand anything they were saying.

"Uh, hi." I finally spoke up.
"Bambina, this is my friend Maria. Maria, this is Y/N." Stefania introduced as she wiped a tear from her eye.
"Hello." I nodded at her.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.
"I came as soon as I heard about your Papa. I'm very sorry."
"Grazie."

I excused myself to make some coffee, while they moved into the living room to talk.
I took out my phone and sent a message to Danielle.

Y/N
Who the hell is Maria??

Danielle
I think one of Stefania's old friends? Why?

Y/N
Girl, tell me why the hell did she just show up at our house.

I put my phone in my back pocket with a sigh. What the fuck? Who just shows up at someone's house unannounced?

I took the three cups of espresso into the living room, and set them on the coffee table.
"Grazie bella." Stefania gave me a small smile as I sat next to her.
I nodded and placed my hand on her thigh as I looked at the pictures she was scrolling through the tablet that I assumed was Maria's.