Chapter Forty-Three

Stefania

"Okay kids! Go play until your Aunts and Uncles get here."
Rory dragged Luna into her room, with the dogs running closely behind them.

As soon as the door shut, I turned to Y/N.
"What's going on?"
"What do you mean?" She busied herself by trying to clean.

"You're not acting like yourself."
"I'm acting just like myself." Y/N shrugged.

I sighed and went to Xander's room, and laid him down for a nap.

I came back into the kitchen, and hugged her from behind.
"Stef-"
"Stop. No talking. Just dance with me." I turned her around and wrapped my arms around her waist.
"There's no music." Y/N sighed.

I grabbed my phone out of my back pocket, and started playing 'If I could' by Charlotte Day Wilson.

I felt her grip me tighter and lay her head down on my chest as we swayed.
"If I could, I would carry your weight on my shoulders
If I could, I would carry it on my own." I sung quietly as I felt her tears soaking my shirt.

"Vieni qui." I whispered as I led her to our bedroom.
"Talk to me bambina." I stroked her hair gently.

"I don't know what's wrong with me." She cried softly.
"Bambina there's nothing wrong with you." I soothed.
"Yes there is. I have everything I've ever wanted or needed and I still feel so fucking empty."
"Bella, have you been taking your medicine?"
"No. I keep forgetting." She wiped her eyes with a sigh.
"Y/N, you can't forget to take them. You know you need them."
"I know, I know. I've just been so busy with the kids and work and everything else it's just the last thing on my mind." She sat down on the bed and put her head in her hands.
"Bambina, I know your brain is so busy. But you have to take your medicine. Even if it's just antidepressants, you'll go through withdraws without it."
"I know Stefania!" She shouted.

I raised my eyebrows and stood up.
"No, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for shouting." Y/N grabbed my hand.
"I love you. But you're not going to sit there and yell at me when I'm just concerned about your health and well-being."
"I'm sorry, Stefania. I'm really sorry. I just... I don't know how to make this go away."
"Take your medicine, Y/N. And take a nap. It'll make you feel better. I'll wake you up when people start arriving." I leaned down and kissed her forehead and walked out of the bedroom, shutting the door behind me.

I busied myself getting the house clean, and trying to not think about everything going on in my brain.
"Stefania?"
"Hmm?" I turned and saw Luna standing in the doorway.
"The doorbell has been ringing for a few minuets, can I answer it?"
"Sì, thank you bambina."
She ran off to the front door, as I sighed and rubbed my forehead.
"Hey mija! How was your first day of tutoring?" I heard Jaina ask.
"Great. I already knew it all, so she let me go early."
"Good, where's Stefania and Y/N?"
"Stefania is in the living room. I don't know about Y/N."

"Hey, Stefania. How's it going?"
I turned and smiled at my friend.
"It's good, how are you? I feel like I haven't had many scenes with you lately."
"I've just been busy. Where's Y/N?"
"Hopefully taking a nap." I sighed.
"Everything okay?" She whispered.
I nodded for her to follow me outside, and we walked out to the back deck

"I don't know. Her depression is getting bad. She keeps forgetting to take her medicine." I sighed as I sat down on one of the chairs.
"Well, she is under a lot of stress Stefania."
"And I'm not?" I scoffed.
"Stef, you can handle it better than she can. You know that. She's been through a lot of trauma. She went from being a married woman with one kid, to getting a divorce, getting married, and getting two more kids. It's a lot for someone to handle in less than a year."
"I know. I just don't know how to help her." I rubbed my face.
"Just be there for her. Love her. Do what your vows say chicka. You know Y/N better than anyone. You know what she needs."
"I guess. My brain feels like it's about to explode."
"Go wake up your wife and talk to her. Im going to go hang out with my nieces and nephew."