Ch 13 : the world we lived

The sunset created a beautiful orange reflection on the sea. Pain leaned against the wooden railing, trying his best to keep his eyes open.

Another man went to his side, his blonde pineapple like hair swayed as the wind blew. The blonde man offered a cup of water to pain.

" Look, we wouldn't harm you or your frienda alright. You can relax your guard." ( Marco)

" Sorry but i can't " ( pain)

Pain rejected the water and politely return the wooden cup to marco.

" Ya know, we are not stupid enough to mess with a guy who can destroy a town within a minute. " (Marco)

Pain's eyes widen. How did they knew, are they enemy or friend, those thought spiraling inside pain's head. Marco's attempt to reassure pain failed misserably, pain eneded up raising his guard even more.

"We are pirate, those guys are marine. Marine hunt pirates, that how this world works. Well in your case it was a miss fire." ( marco)

Pain asked how marco knew about that incident, he gave pain a news paper with lounge town's destruction printed on the front page.

" They didn't put your picture nor your name tho. At least for now you are save from those marine." (Marco)

Pain nodded his head, he stretched his hand forward, this world was not as peacefull as they thought to be.

" Well, i actually can relate to your feeling. Trying your best to keep your friend away from harms." (Marco)

Marco said while playing with his fire.

" Ya see, a few month ago we lost a comrade. One of us-...no that guy...black beard, he killed our comrade, thacth and stole his devil fruit" (marco)

Pain shifted his head, listening to marco's story.

" Do you hate him? Do you want to avenge him" (pain)

Marco's fire burned brighter than before as if representing the rage in his heart.

" Yes i do" (marco)

" Marco, what do you think...about a new world..where everyone live in peace. a world where you can live with thacth and all the comrade you have lost." (Pain)

Marco closed his hand, trapping the fire inside his fist.

"No, i dont want a world like that. The thacth i knew is already gone, the memories we have created together could not be replaced by anything.

"They are precious because, they don't last not forever. The memories they left behind will be the proof that they were here. This is my world and the world that thacth lived in" (Marco)

" you are right....." (Pain)

Pain looked the sea below him. His face reflected on the water, two purple eyes staring back at him.

The world he lived in, where is that again....

Tobi leaned on the wooden wall. He accidentally overheard their conversation. He looked at the mask on his hand

" Maybe it is..." (Tobi)

He was about to put the masked on his face. His hand stopped, he decided to stored the mask in the other dimension.

" Yo. itachi is awake, you can visit him now." ( Obito)

Pain smiled, he is glad that itachi is safe.

" I will excuses myself, thank you for the advice marco" (pain)

" No worries" ( marco)

Pain shook marco's hand and went to the medical room, followed by obito walking behind him.

" I have already found my one piece. I hope one day you find your one piece too ."( Marco)

Marco said while looking at the whitebeard's family, his family.