After stories 19 : Yellow flash

Early in the morning, Team Seven and Kushina were already standing in front of the Konoha Gate to prepare for the Kanabi Bridge mission.

Unlike other missions, there was no excitement on their faces. Minato looked at his students one by one. They are not ready, Minato thought to himself.

Kushina was talking to Rin, repeating some tricks Kushina had taught her a few days ago. Beside them, Obito was showing Kakashi his sharingan.

Minato shook his head knowing that his team would most likely fail this mission. He looked up and saw the hokage mountain, a sad smile curving his face before he looked at his students.

"Listen, run away if you can't fight them." (Minato)

Everyone turned to Minato in surprise. Obito and Kakashi looked offended and told him that they were strong enough.

"That's why you will fail this mission, you underestimate war. None of you can land a single blow on a tobi even when he's holding back, now imagine five tobi fighting against you at the same time." (Minato)

Obito glared at Minato but said nothing, he was sure he could follow the tobi's movements now that he had awakened his sharingan but it would be too difficult to fight five tobi simultaneously.

"This is a mission, I am ready to risk my life for this mission. As long as this mission succeeds-"
(Kakashi)

"Even if your team is annihilated?" (Minato)

The place went silent as Kakashi looked directly into Minato's eyes.

"Yeah, I'm not the trash who abandoned the mission." (Kakashi)

Obito was about to grab Kakashi when Minato told them to stop.

"Don't stop obito, I'll prove to him that I'm strong enough to carry out this mission." (Kakashi)

A small sigh escaped Minato's mouth as he turned his gaze towards the woman behind Kakashi.

"I was talking to Kushina." (Minato)

Kakashi's eyes widened as he turned around. There was a fist shaking just inches from his head. Tears streamed down Kushina's face as she withdrew her fist and looked at Kakashi.

"Do you know how hard it was for minato to say that!!! He can't be a hokage anymore if he lets you escape this mission!!! He gave up his dreams for his team, and ..... and you call him trash." (Kushina)

Her voice became smaller as she held back her tears. The image of his father appeared in Kakashi's mind, Kakashi looked down and stood silently. Kakashi felt a hand on his shoulder, he turned his head to see Minato kneeling in front of him.

"Don't worry, I just found a new dream. I think living together with my family and team will be much better than being stuck in a pile of paperwork inside the hokage's office." (Minato)

New dreams .... was that what his father was thinking at that time, did he find something more important than the mission.

Breifing ended with kakashi's brief apology, of course rin and obito were surprised kakashi apologized to anyone. And so the kanabi mission begun as they parted ways.