Ch 52 : Anchor

Obito sat on the roof of the ship holding his orange mask. The mask that had been with him through his most difficult times.

He ran his hand across the mask, a worn out mask that couldn't be used much longer. It was damaged in the previous battle, repairing the mask was an easy task but obito choosed not to.

" Sorry, it's my fault" (ace)

Ace climbed up to the roof and apologized to obito. A small laugh escaped obito's mouth as he told ace that it was fine. Ace sat beside obito and talked to him.

" I am safe thanks to you, how can you come up with such a good plan?" (Ace)

Obito sweat dropped, there was no way he could say it was from his past experience.

" Someone taught me in the past." (Obito)

He didn't lie since madara was the one who inspired him to do that. Ace noticed obito's discomfort and changed the subject.

" I am in debt to you guys. All of you worked together to save me, even luffy came to help us." (Ace)

There was a short silence, ace turn his head and saw obito drenched in sweat. A small doubt rise inside his mind. Obito slowly turned his head, with pale skin he confessed to ace.

" I forgot to tell luffy about the plan." (Obito)

Ace was shocked for a second, before bursting into laughter. He felt bad but luffy had to wait a little bit longer. Even now the marines were still keeping an eye on the whitebeard pirates and luffy.

" I still remember the word you told me back in the prison." (Ace)

Ace stared at the sky.

" They are waiting for you. Both you and garp made me realise something." (Ace)

Ace turn his head and stared straight into obito's eyes.

" It was stupid of me to gave up back then." (Ace)

Obito stared at his orange mask, he felt pain in his heart for some reason.

" Thank you obito." (Ace)

The wood creaked as ace stood up and stretched his hand. He said goodby and went down from the roof.

" Did i gave up, kakashi tell me." (Obito)

Obito sat on the roof holding a broken orange mask