Ch 30: calm before storm

Only after a few hours into the party, they realised that zoro was missing. The party went until midnight, yet zoro hadn't came back yet. They began to worry, sanji suggested to check on franky's house since they planned to stay the night there.

The akatsuki were also invited since they were alliance now. The two pirates walked side by side until they reach franky's house.

The door was slammed opened as franky family greeted them with tears. They gave franky a big group hug ignoring the strawhat pirates and the akatsuki.

Franky turned his head and beckoned them to follow him inside. The akatsuki was shocked by the size of the house. It looked small from the outside but actuallynit was as big as a mansion.

Franky asked his family if they have seen green hair guy with three sword around here. They shook their heads. The strawhat pirates anxiousness increase greatly.

They decided to look for him right now. The akatsuki offered their help, but luffy declined them saying that they must be tired from the enies lobby escape and fixing the ship.

The akatsuki backdown since itachi wasn't looking pretty great after overusing susanoo back at enies lobby. Franky leads them to their room, and they rested there for the night.

The next day the akatsuki woke up, and found out that the strawhat pirates hadn't returned yet. They left a message for franky and began exploring the island while looking for zoro at the same time.

They began checking the district one by one, they even went and bought a engine for their ship at the shopping district.

The three akatsuki entered the shop selling ship engine. There were all kind of engine from big ship to a fisherman boat engine.

" Give us one of your best engine" (itachi)

The shop clerked smiled and brought out a small yet durable engine. Needless to say pain was not happy getting his job replaced by a crappy engine. Pain directing all of his bloodlust toward the engine.

"On the second thought, we will take two engine. And don't you dare destroy these engine pain" (itachi)

Pain went to the corner and pouted his cheek. A few minutes later, they continued their journey. Walking aimlessly around water seven like a tourist.

They stopped at a certain festival event. One of the competition cought itachi's eyes. A wood sculpting competition with one million berries as the grand price.

Itachi's beamed like a child at playground, it was truly a rare expression. Tobi and pain gave a warm smile, and told itachi to tried it. In the end itachi and tobi decided to participate.

Now pain was left alone, he looked around and found a tug of war competition. With allmighty pull that kind of competition would be a child's play. So he went and registered himself in a random team.

Lets just say his team was a little bit unique. All of them were old man beyond their sixties, and they looked skinnier than nagato. But then again, he alone was enough to win the game.

They went into the arena and saw their opponent. Infront of them were a group of bodybuilder. Now pain was convinced that this game was rigged.

All of the player got into their position with pain at the furthest back as the anchor. Right of the bat pain used a small force of universal pull to gave them some advantage. The bodybuilders were surprised but they were quick to react.

They went into a stalemate for several minutes. Pain kept spamming universal pull in low power every five second. He kept playing with them while enjoying the bodybuilder's struggle and pain.

In the end he got bored and decided to end the competition. He was about to increase the jutsu's power but he stopped abruptly. He felt a sharp pain in his stomach.

The bodybuilder took this chance and pulled the rope as strong as they could. Pain reacted a beat later and pulled the rope with more strength than necessary.

Craak...

He heard bones creaking but not from his body.

""Ugh...my back""( Old mans )

The old mans let go of the ropes disqualifying their team. The body builders roars in joy even thou they only won againts scrawny mans.

Pain felt a guilty and apologized to the old man. The old man waved their hand, saying that they got some good doctor that could fix their bone.

The old man thanked pain, at that moment they felt young and strong again and giving them a valuable memories. Nevertheless pain still gave the old man some berries for their medical fees. To be honest it was quite fun for him too, a new refreshing feeling for him.

Pain went back to pick tobi and itachi. The sclupting competition was already at the awarding ceremony. The judge were gathering at the figurine displays and giving them score.

The first one was real life size wooden sclupture of celestial dragon. The name of the figurine was [the celestial d] The judge nodded their head in approval as they write a high score on their paper.

The second one was a scarecrow with mask covering his mouth and left eye. They could felt the emotion of the sculptor of this figurine, especially his envy. The name of the figurine was [bakakashi]

The last one was a emo boy with duckbutt hair,  eyebrows lowered into a scowled and sharp glare from his eyes. The judges had a hard time figuring the name of the figurine. One of the judges recognizes the character written on the name tag. He had visited land of wano and learned their language there.

"Sas......kay......ah i figured it out"(judge)

The judge took a marker and wrote a word under the name tag.

[ Sassykay]

The judges stared in awe at the figurine, it was the first time they saw someone using name to amplify the emotion in sclupting.

Those sharp eyes, always angry face coupled with emo appearance. The name sassykay trully represent this figurine perfectly. Itachi's figurine got an absolute win with the highest score among the other sclupture.

The judge went to the stage and annouced the winner. Lets just say that it took tobi and pain all of their power to hold itachi back from punching the judges.

Author note:

Im sorry to all sasuke fans