Ch: 34 precious gift

The akatsuki stood on the roof of the tallest building, enjoying the beautiful town for one last time. It was their last day at water seven.

They stayed there for a long time, Itachi and Tobi went down first to prepare dinner. The sky became dark as night fell, the light emanating from the buildings and street lamps makes the city sparkled. The starry sky above and the glittering city below, it was as if the sky had became one with the city.

Pain smiled and went back to franky house. The house was a little bit more quiter than usual. Some of them were working and some of them were playing but one thing in common they all had smile plastered on their face.

The strawhats pirates left last night with franky. They threw a small farewell party for franky, since he decided to join the strawhats pirates.

The feeling of loss was still fresh in their hearts, but they still smile since they promised franky to keep smiling.

Pain spoke with some franky family's member before entering his own room. Itachi and tobi were playing shogi on the table, two bag was placed on top of the bed. Pain went to his own bed and packed his stuff.

Pain felt a tap on his shoulder, he turned his head and found itachi standing behind him. Itachi gave him two piece of paper, one of them was the grand price from the previous competition and the other one was an apology letter. Sorry for using your money last time was written on the paper. Pain smiled and accepted both papers.

Pain stared at the paper and remembered something. He told tobi and itachi to wait for a bit as he left the house. Two hours later he came back completely drenched from head to toe, heavy breath, and a big smile on his face. With this he can leave water seven without regret.

The next day on a certain street, five kids were walking together. The youngest one was blindfolded, as the other kids led him to a certain place. The youngest kid was very excited, they said that they had prepared a gift for his birthday.

They stop and let the youngest one took off his blindfold. He opened his eyes and saw a house. He turned his head and saw the other kids smiling. One of the kid took out a paper and gave it to the youngest one.

House certificate and their signature were written on the paper, just then he realised what this paper meant.

His eyes glittered as he saw the house again. The house wasn't big but enough for all of them to live together. A house given by a certain person.

Behind them an orange hair man looking at them with a wide grin on his face. He took out a candy bar and ate it as he disapeared into the crowd.

They continue their journey sailing on the ocean. A happy ending for everyone

Until the darkness engulfed the ember.

Author note :

Sorry, i didn't edit this chapter when i posted it. I already edited some mistakes, please tell me if you find any grammar error, thank you.

The kids are the homeless kid from chapter 31

See you in the next chapter