one

Today's the day! you tell yourself as you throw on your Toman jacket. I'm finally going to confess to him.

Despite the fact that Draken's been dating Emma for the longest time, you've still managed to gain the most annoying of crushes on him. There's no doubt in your mind that he's going to tell you the feelings aren't reciprocated when you admit it to him, but either way it's better to admit your feelings than to keep them bottled up any longer.

With as much false bravado as you can muster up, you lace up your boots and step out of your house. Almost immediately, the cold, and windy air hits you smack in the face.

You place your hands in the pockets of the black uniform and let out a visible breath of air. You walk through the nearby park, beginning your walk towards Toman's meeting point when a familiar woman's voice rings out through the frigid atmosphere.

In front of you, Emma runs in the opposite direction. She heads towards a man with a dragon tattoo on the side of the head; the man you were going to meet.

Only a little ways away from you, Draken's hands wrap around Emma's waist. He bends down, meeting his girlfriend's lips with his own. At almost the same time, a ping of pain spears straight through your chest.

The two of them interlock hands and exchange happy smiles. Draken then mumbles something to Emma and the two of them begin to walk through the park together. You look around the empty park as you decide whether you should follow the pair or give up. Inevitably, curiosity gets the better of you and you decide to stick around.

You walk a good distance behind the pair as they enjoy a leisurely stroll through the park. When they stop, you make sure to stay quite hidden amongst the trees. Luckily, you're not too far so you can make out what they're saying.

Peeking from the shadows, you watch as Draken pulls his right hand away from Emma's. He reaches into the back pocket of his Toman uniform and holds a small jewelry box behind his back. The sudden urge to throw up begins to overwhelm you. You smack your hand over your mouth as Draken slowly bends down onto one knee.

No way, you think, eyes widening as he pulls the box into Emma's line of view. There's no way Draken's going to propose!

You didn't even know the two of them were that serious. If you did, there's no way in hell you would have ever tried to interrupt that. Sure, Emma was always chasing after him... Maybe it was just wishful thinking that Draken didn't feel as strongly as she did.

Once he's proposed, Emma jumps up and down. Her long, blonde hair flows in the wind as she excitedly accepts the proposal. She holds out her left hand, allowing her new fiancée to slip the ring onto her finger. She takes a moment to admire the pretty token on her hand before cupping Draken's cheeks and kissing him.

Fortunate for you, the tears in your eyes cloud your vision from seeing his lips connect with hers. At almost the same time, rain begins to fall from the cold, dark clouds above. When Emma pulls away, she giggles at the timing of the weather. Draken grabs her by her hand and pulls her away so the two of them can find somewhere to dry.

You step out of the shadows, staring at the ghost of Draken's position down on one knee until the image slowly fades away on its own. You look down the path where the two of them run away and disappear from view.

There's no way, there's just no way I witnessed that of all things?! Why did I have to be here for this? Rejection would have been a thousand times better than seeing that with my own eyes!

You stand almost frozen in the cold rain until your foot slides back against the park path. As you slowly step backwards, you bump into something. You turn around, a bit confused as to what's directly behind you. Nothing was there when Draken and Emma were around.

Turning to look behind you stands a dark figure. "Sorry, I didn't see you there," you mumble as you take a step back to face them rather than the black clothes they're wearing... A most familiar uniform resonates in your brain. Your face softens when the stranger's face turns familiar.

"Oh, Hamna... What're you doing here?"

"Suppose I was a victim of watching the same thing as you," he nods. "You don't look so hot, Y/N. Are you okay?"

You wipe the half-tears half-rain droplets from your face. "I'm fine," you say through a weak smile. "It's just raining."

"I can tell," he smirks. "Come on, let's get out of here."

Hanma holds out his hand to you and you accept. What else are you supposed to do anyway? You know he's not a fool. Besides, he did just say he watched Draken and Emma, too.

Maybe he understands how you feel...?

?