twenty two

When the time has finally come for you to see your brother, you stop your bike right outside his insanely huge mansion and walk right up to the door. You then knock, only having to wait an insanely long time for him to answer. The house is big as hell, it probably takes him ten minutes just to get to the door.

Eventually, your smartass, white and black haired older brother opens the door with an extremely shocked look on his face. You stare back at him for a moment before needing to break the awkward gesture by looking down at the floor.

You can't believe it. You've hardly seen the guy in years, and you feel so ashamed to come crawling to him for help.

"Hi," you mumble with a bit of sass.

"Y/N?" he asks almost as if he thinks his mind is playing tricks on him. "What are you doing here? It's been awhile."

"Like you care," you scoff.

"Still the little brat, I see," he sighs.

Your eyes narrow as you look back up at him. Just as your mouth is about to open in retaliation, he pulls you into his house and hugs you tightly.

"God, I missed you," he sighs.

"Hajime..." you whisper breathlessly, almost on the verge of tears.

And then, suddenly, he pulls you away from him. "So, uh, welcome to my house."

You nod appreciatively as you follow him into a huge room with two round, sunken couches in the center. Koko takes a seat in one of them and leans forward to pour two glasses from the expensive, fragile-looking pitcher on the table between the two sofas. He then holds one out to you, ushering you to come and sit.

When you accept it, he leans back and sighs. "So what is it?" he asks. "You in a pile of deep shit and need your big brother to come save you, you baby?"

Asshole, you think as you take the seat directly beside him. Of course he already knows what you're here for without you even needing to say anything, just like always. However, you're not quite ready to admit that yet.

Quietly, you look over at him and are surprised to see the small grin on his face as he looks back at you. Once more it almost makes you want to cry. The last time you honestly spoke to him was when he was going through something personal. He looked so rough, but all you did was think about yourself.

 He looked so rough, but all you did was think about yourself

FLASHBACK

"She's dead," he whispers to you as tears stream down his face. "I couldn't save her, she's gone."

Koko places his head down on your shoulder, absolutely bawling his eyes out. Your eyes widen in confusion at the gesture. Jesus, you're way too high to be listening to whatever he was whining about.

What am I gonna do now? you ask yourself as your body begins to shake. Hajime can't give me the money I owe in this state. How the hell am I going to get it? I'm dead if I don't pay off my debt!