twenty seven

After your little chat with Hakkai, you trudge over to the kitchen and grab a bottle of whatever wine your hand lands on first. You quickly fill up a glass and leave out a few empty ones in case anyone's looking to join you.

When you enter the main room again, Hakkai shakes his head at you. You stick out your tongue in true Kokonoi fashion and walk past, taking your seat on the sofa away from the commotion. 

You still do watch them, however. Your eyes find themselves glued onto Emma, Hakkai, and Mitsuya who are now talking about a dress for Emma. Your attention is only stolen when you see Yuzuha wave her phone in front of Draken and plead for him to take her picture outside. He doesn't seem to mind and follows behind Yuzuha out to her backyard.

You sigh as you take a sip of your wine, thankful for the moment alone. However, it's soon interrupted by a stupid thought. One you never should have even thought in the first place.

Draken's alone with Yuzuha.

Your wine glass shatters to the ground when you miss the small end table on your dash towards the backyard. You don't pay any attention to it, it's white wine anyway. Besides, things could be about to get a lot worse.

You don't stop running until you see Yuzuha and Draken for your own eyes. As you stand a few feet behind Yuzuha, you see the glistening of a switchblade knife behind her back.

How the hell did she get that there? I watched her put on the dress and didn't even see it!

Just as Draken is about to snap the photo and Yuzuha's about to pull the weapon from her back, you tackle her straight into the ground.

Perfectly timed as always, Emma runs out with Hakkai and Mitsuya trailing behind her. "Y/N!" she gasps. "What are you doing?! Yuzuha's wearing her wedding dress!"

Yuzuha struggles beneath you, trying to roll you off of her back but you stay grounded and don't allow her up. "Yeah, Y/N, get off!" she cries.

"No way! I saw what you were going to do. You had-"

"Chill the hell out, Y/N," Mitsuya shouts as he grabs onto your arm and yanks you right off of Yuzuha. Then, without a second thought, he passes you right off to Hakkai and turns his attention towards helping Yuzuha stand up.

"Jealousy isn't a good look," Hakkai whispers unhelpfully.

"Don't start with me," you growl as you pull yourself away from him. "Yuzuha has a goddamn knife on her! I saw you about to stab him!"

Yuzuha slowly stands up thanks to Mitsuya's hands carefully guiding her to lean on him. When her eyes meet yours, genuine streams of tears leak from her eyes. 

"I would never do that! How could you even say that?!" she shrieks.

"Yuzuha..." you whisper as your eyes switch between her face and Mitsuya's hand around her waist.

"It's alright," he mumbles to her as he rubs her arm assuringly with his other hand. "Let's go inside. I'll do my best to clean the stains."

The two of them pass right by you, not even bothering to spare you a look. They're soon followed in by Emma and Draken who stare disappointedly at you before turning to leave.

"Draken, wait, come on you saw something was behind her back, right?" you plead desperately, despite the angered glare in his eyes that he shoots back at you.

"I didn't see anything, Y/N," he replies harshly before taking Emma by the hand and leading her into the house.

That just leaves you with Hakkai...

"I know what I saw, Hakkai," you say defeatedly. "I'd never hurt Yuzuha without a reason, you know that."

"I believe you, Y/N," he admits as he slides his arm around your shoulder. "I think you think you saw my sister with a knife, but in reality, your eyes were just playing tricks on you. You know she wouldn't do that."

"That's not believing in me," you sigh. 

"Well, whatever it was, I think it might be a good idea for you to go home and take it easy for a little while. Take a nap, rest your eyes, and chill out. Taka-chan and I can take care of it here for awhile. Besides, I know it's hard for you to be around Emma and Draken so much... You're stressed and a rest will do you good."

"Are you kidding me?!" you shout, "You think I'm seeing things because I've been around my old crush so much?!"

"Well, uh, it's just that it kinda seems like- I wasn't trying to offend you, Y/N..."

"Fuck off, Hakkai," you grumble as you grab his wrist and throw his arm away from you. You then begin to make your way to the side gate, knowing it's better to go that way than to go through the house and have to face Mitsuya again. 

"Wait, Y/N, don't just leave all mad like that!" he shouts after you.

You don't pay him any mind, your ears are too clouded with your own angry thoughts anyway to even listen to what he says. 

Stupid Hakkai, stupid Takashi. We were supposed to be partners, guess that's all bullshit when it comes to wedding dresses and girls that are getting married to other people.

"Stupid idiot," you mumble to yourself as you shove your key into your bike's ignition. You then drive off without so much as a second look at the house you contemplate never going back to. 

You continue to mutter and curse to yourself as you drive down the road and turn the corner, but just as you reach the intersection you hear the sound of a horn and everything suddenly turns to black.