twenty three

Your brother sits you down on the back of his motorcycle, stuffs a helmet over your head roughly, and drives away from that expensive mansion of his. Only a few minutes later you arrive at another huge building, a gambling hall.

He casually takes off your helmet for you and tosses it carelessly onto the bike before getting up and walking off. "C'mon," he calls as he stops and waits for you by the large entrance doors.

He waits as you run up and link arms with him. He then casually leads you inside, walking right past all of the staff as though they were completely invisible until he reaches the back. There, he slides open the door and reveals a small, dimly lit room with an oval-shaped table in the center. Around it sits six men that you've never seen before. You'd definitely remember meeting them, they are seriously scary looking.

Koko smirks when he sees them. "Yo! Mind if we jump in?" he asks.

"Sure," the man with short, lavender hair shrugs.

Koko takes a seat and pulls out the chair beside him to his left for you. The six others watch as you take the seat beside him and sit rather close.

"Who's the chick?" the man with pink hair and scars on either corner of his mouth questions rather loudly.

"My little sister. She's pretty unlucky and quite bad at card games. Mind if she joins?" he hums.

"Yeah, sure thing," the group laughs at the easy cash cow they begin to believe you are. "What'd you have in mind, Kokonoi?"

"How 'bout pig?" he smirks.

"Ya mean like the kid's game?" a ginormous man scoffs.

"Makes sense since I've got my kid sister here with me," Koko shrugs. "As I've said she's not very good with games so at least this one won't be too hard for her."

Damn, that jerk is really milking this. I'm only one year younger goddammit!

Another man with a scar over his left eye rakes in your figure. "Fine," he shrugs, "I'm in."

"What do ya think, Ran?" a man with long, purple hair who looks quite similar to the man sitting beside him asks.

"Sure," Ran shrugs. "I'll play along."

The monstrously-sized man as well as the quiet one beside you nod in agreement as well. That only leaves the pink-haired male sitting across from you.

"Alright," he smirks. "Go on then."

"Great, make sure you guys don't go too rough on her, okay?" Koko grins, eliciting a laugh from the others.

"Think we can trust this girl?" the man beside you with a large scar wrapping around his face wonders aloud.

"She looks fun so why not?" the pink-haired man beams.

Koko then suddenly slaps down two hundred thousand yen on the middle of the table. "She's good for two hundred K," he explains. "You assholes okay with that?"

Your eyes widen at the money sitting in the middle of the table. If you weren't around your brother, you might have half a mind to just slide it right off the table and run away. There's no chance in hell you can win this game anyway.

As each one of them slaps down equal amounts of the cash before you, your eyes nearly bug out of your head. Koko better have a good plan...

"Alright," the huge man calls to your brother as he tosses him a deck of cards. "You deal."

"Yeah, sure," Koko smiles as he picks up the cards from the table.

You watch as he shuffles the deck and then hands cards out one at a time to each player around the table. You pick up your cards as you receive them, somewhat recalling the rules of the game. You remember you used to play Pig all of the time with Koko, Inupi, and Akane when you were little. You always lost, Koko whooped your ass each time. You never quite figured out how he did it. Being the pig always sucked.