Chapter 44

It's the day of Hayley's funeral and Katherine just isn't having it. She doesn't want to do anything she's refusing to get dressed or even get out of bed.

They all tried to get her out and ready but she won't listen to anybody. "Katherine you need to get ready." Sage told her. "Leave me alone." Katherine yelled as the door was closed. Safe sighed as she's been trying to get her to get up.

She walked downstairs and everyone looked at her. "Anything." Lorenzo asked. "Nothing she won't get up." Sage told them sitting down. "That's it." Ace said getting it walking upstairs. "Ace." Sage warned him.

He walked upstairs as they followed behind him scared of what's he gonna do. He barged into her room not even knocking. "I said leave me alone." She yelled. "Get up." He told her as she stared at him.

"Now your not missing your own mother's funeral." He told her taking the blankets off her. "Just leave-No I'm not leaving you alone get dressed now Katherine I expect to see you downstairs in ten minutes." He said cutting her off. The only

"Now." He yelled before walking out the room shutting the door. "Why you all up here." He asked seeing them. "To see what you we're gonna do." Emilio said as he shook his head and went back downstairs.

Katherine sat up in the bed staring at her outfit for today. She thought if she didn't go or wake up it would be like a dream and known of this would be happening and Hayley would just walk in her room at any moment and yell at her to clean up her room.

She sighed and wiped the lone tear and walked into the bathroom. She looked at herself in the mirror and could've sworn she saw Hayley but it was only her mind. She took a shower brushed her teeth and got dressed.

She stared at herself in the mirror trying not to cry but she couldn't stop herself from crying. She heard her door opened and wiped away the tears and turned around quickly. "Oh dear." Sage said walking in over to Katherine. "Dear-It's fine let's go." Katherine said walking out and she sighed and followed after her.

Katherine walked downstairs and over to the living room. "Ready." She told them as they turned around. "Kat-Let's go." She said turning around and walked outside. "Let's go." Ace said as they all walked out.

They got in the car and Katherine was already waiting. She stared out the window the entire time. "Kat." Ace said getting her attention. "Yeah." She said looking at him. "You look beautiful." He told her as she nodded her head as he sighed.

"We're here." The driver announced and they all got out. "Come on." Ace said leading her inside as they all followed them in. They sat down as everyone else entered.

It shortly started after everyone was seated. "Welcome everyone and thank you all for coming in honor of Hayley Hernandez amazing mother and amazing wife." The priest said as Katherine looked down playing with her hands. Ace saw and grabbed her hand and held it.

"Her husband wanted to come up and say some words." The priest said as Ace got up and walked up. "Hello everyone I'm Ace Hayley's husband." He said as Katherine smiled to herself looking down. "Me and Hayley have been together for 12 years and just last year I gathered the guts to finally ask her to marry me." He said as everyone laughed a little.

"I met Hayley in a store with a crying baby in her hands. I could tell people were annoyed so i went and helped her out. It looked like she was about to break down. I asked to pick her up and as soon as I did she stopped crying Hayley looked at me like I was crazy and kept asking me how I got her to stop crying.

I gave her my number to ask for help any time and I guess over time I've fallen deeply in love with her and she was doing the same as well." He sighed looking down. "It's sad to see the love of my life gone we had great plans for the future for the three of us it's sad to say that she won't be here to join us but we know she's watching over us. Thank you." He said walking off and sat back down.