Chapter 12

After dinner I was about to go upstairs when appa called me and asked me to sit on the couch next to him.

"Yes appa?" I asked, sitting next to him.

"Since it's your birthday tomorrow, do you want us to prepare something for you?" He asked, putting a hand around my shoulder.

"Nothing much, I want to go visit eomma as usual," I shrugged.

"And this time appa too," I mumbled under my breath.

Seems like he heard it since he patted my shoulder, "I can't accompany you, but I will make preparations for it and maybe Jimin will accompany you, hmm?" He gave me an assuring smile.

I smiled back, "and here, your father asked to give this to you on your birthday," he handed me a letter.

My hands were trembling when I took the paper in my hand.

I wished good night to everyone and walked up to my room, closing the door behind.

I placed the letter on the nightstand and did my night routine and came back to bed, the letter caught my eye.

But I didn't know if I should read it or not.

I am scared that if it is a goodbye letter, I am not yet ready to say goodbye to him, I still want to hold onto him even though I know it would do me no good.

My fingers hovered over the letter for a few seconds before I withdrew my hands back.

I turned off the lights and got into the covers, trying to sleep but my thoughts kept drifting back to the letter and what he would have written in it.

I groaned as I sat up and looked into the darkness.

I looked to my side, where I kept the letter at.

I took it and walked towards the balcony, opening the door, I took a seat on the single loveseat that was placed in front of the coffee table in the balcony.

I looked up at the sky, the dark blue layer coated with stars.

Are you both looking at me from up there? I asked in my mind.

I leaned back and stretched out my leg onto the table, the paper in my hand.

I was hesitating to open it, but I wasn't able to be at peace not knowing what he had written there.

"Planning to catch a cold?" I flinched when I heard the voice.

I looked in front of me and saw Jimin standing in his balcony, "what are you doing up so late?" I asked.

"It's the weekend, so I stayed up playing games," he said, "but what are you doing here?" He asked.

I just shrugged, while his eyes landed on the paper in my hand.

He crossed the balcony railing and stepped into my balcony, "you- looks like you have been doing this a lot," I said, seeing how easily he came over here.

"Remember, this was Jiwoo's room?" He asked, "what- oh right! How could I forget it," I looked into the room again, and realised that it was indeed her room a few years back.

"She watched the Romeo Juliet movie and liked the scene where Romeo climbed up Juliet's balcony to meet her and wanted me to do that to her, so at least once a day I would do this" he said, to which I burst out laughing.

"Jimin," I called out, after I stopped laughing.

He hummed in response, "you don't mind that I am using her room?" I asked, "what can I do, eomma and appa consider you as their daughter and gave you Jiwoo's room, I can't do anything about it," he shrugged.