✸ 𝗷𝗮𝗻 𝟭𝟵: himekawa a.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

January 19 !

𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗋𝖺𝖼𝗍𝖾𝗋: aoi himekawa,
WS of tsubakihara !
𝗐𝖺𝗋𝗇𝗂𝗇𝗀𝗌: -
𝗇𝗈𝗍𝖾𝗌: -

bookshop au !

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

BOOKSHOP TRANQUILITY

The door in front of you swung open as you entered a whole different world; the bookshop.

Compared to the streets outside, this shop seemed to be a total parallel world. You just came from these busy streets and as usual, an immediate silence occured when the door closed again. Something completely different.

The familiar warmth engulfed you, you felt contented once again. Inhaling deeply, you took in the scent of the bookshop; the smell of books, the wooden shelves and even the one of cleaning supplies. Someone probably cleaned here recently.

And when looking around, you noticed nothing had changed here even the slightest bit. You saw the same blueish counter, the fancy chandelier-like lamps and of course, some tables and seatings here and there.

It was something very normal, yet you loved how nothing ever changed about this albeit a bit small bookshop. That meant very much coming from you, because you didn't often admit you like going somewhere; you simply were the type who preferred staying at home rather than anywhere else. Not so for this bookshop - it was your favourite place to be at, after being home.

You made it a weekly habit to visit this shop, coming here after work every Wednesday. You haven't once missed your usual arriving times here, which made you a very reliable costumer of the shop. Though you didn't purchase anything often, the employees liked seeing how contented you were in here.

Upon entering, you were greeted by one of the aforementioned employees. "Good afternoon!"

"Good afternoon," You calmly greeted back, waving your hand slightly. It was very quick you arrived at the place you always looked at for the books you read.

The shelves were filled to the top, with various books in alternate coloured covers.

There was a faint glint of happiness in your eyes. 'The selection is so huge!' You thought and quite joyfully, you looked through all the books that were given to you.

Indeed, this place became your second home. Not only because you visited it weekly, but also because you loved the atmosphere. You thought that this must be the second quietest place you've ever come across, if you excluded your room.

Some say that it might be because you in general have to be quiet in a library - to you, there were a lot other reasons though. It probably was the bookshops tranquility that made you feel at ease and made you forget all the worries you had on a daily basis.

Furthermore, another reason was something that you could've expected; the books. You really adored reading, as you knew you didn't have to interact with anybody in particular. Or the reason was that nobody dared to interrupt you whenever you read, but that's another story.