✦ 𝗳𝗲𝗯 𝟭𝟰: yamagata h.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

February 14 !

𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗋𝖺𝖼𝗍𝖾𝗋: hayato yamagata,
libero of shiratorizawa !
𝗐𝖺𝗋𝗇𝗂𝗇𝗀𝗌: -
𝗇𝗈𝗍𝖾𝗌: that 'chan' is used with
your first name in this oneshot
does not refer to you being
a girl

birthday oneshot !

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

OF BIRTHDAYS
AND CONFESSIONS

You tightly held onto the straps of your bag while slowly skipping down the stairway. It was abnormally quiet in here, yet that probably resulted because you were unusually early in school today.

Although it may was early, a lot of students were already walking in the hallways, same as you. You had no idea if that was the case for every day, as you for the first time were so early in school. Or, perhaps, it was just because today is the 14th February.

You wondered if the reason for so many students' presence was Valentine's day. You knew you couldn't tell, but it did sound reasonable. Valentine's day did make a lot of people nervous and at the same time exhilarated - for example whether they receive a love letter, confession or any other kind of present.

While making your way to your locker, you believed you even saw some students carrying around small boxes and other little gifts - most likely for their secret crush, of course.

Those discreet preparations weren't the only ones being arranged, however; just like every year anew, Shiratorizawa's student council did their job with organizing some things for all the students and teachers at the school. This included decent decorations, like red flowers, and probably many other plans you didn't know of.

It could've been the sight of the decorations that gave you a boost of confidence, or the fact that you realized you weren't the only nervous person on this special day.

The reason you appeared in school this early was simple to answer for you, yet also difficult to figure out. You didn't have any particular events you were participating in, nor were you a part of a sports club which normally had early morning practices.

So, why were you here, when you could've gotten more sleep?

It indeed was very simple; because you were going to confess to your crush today as well.

You had everything planned through for the past weeks, you knew what exactly you were going to do. It seemed like you needed ages to gather up the courage, but since you were a third year at the moment, this was probably... your very last chance.

The lucky person was Hayato Yamagata, a boy in your grade. You've grown particularly close to him and eventually, you became aware of your crush on the male volleyball player.

You quickly glanced down at the box of chocolates and the two handmade cards in your hands.

The 14th February was also Yamagata's birthday, so practically, two important events clashed. That's why you had two cards with you - one being a birthday card, the other the sappy love letter you composed.

You were slightly shaky while noticing you came closer to your locker. You surely realized that today would be rollercoaster of emotions; and you definitely weren't fully prepared for that yet.