✸ 𝗺𝗮𝗿 𝟭𝟯: riseki h.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

March 13 !

𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗋𝖺𝖼𝗍𝖾𝗋: heisuke riseki,
WS of inarizaki !
𝗐𝖺𝗋𝗇𝗂𝗇𝗀𝗌: it's a little bit
sad at the beginning (i think)
𝗇𝗈𝗍𝖾𝗌: (ooc)

birthday oneshot !

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

PICNIC

Riseki wasn't that kind of person that preferred something fancy for his birthday, just the usual present-giving and wishing him a good year was totally enough for him. Although you knew that, you couldn't suppress the idea of at least taking him to a park where you could have a picnic. It wasn't something too fancy, yet at the same time it held a lot of meaning.

"I'm not so sure about this (l/n)..." Riseki hesitantly voiced out while staring at you, who currently dragged him towards the picnic place you had thought of. You flashed Riseki a quick smile and squeezed his hand you were holding. "Don't worry, Riseki-kun! It's perfect, I know it."

Riseki's gaze shifted to the ground. "That's not what I'm thinking about..." his voice trailed off again, while you tried to find other reassuring words to tell him.

First of all, you didn't really understand what caused him so much worry, and secondly, you weren't able to comprehend why he was worrying about something. Therefore, it made the atmosphere around you a lot heavier as you tried to think of what to say, while Riseki was thinking about... well, whatever caused him to worry.

You gripped onto the basket a bit tighter and walked along the paths a bit more troubled; what if Riseki really did not want all of this? It's true that you overwhelmed him with suddenly appearing in front of his house, though you hadn't asked him what he thought of this.

Of course, you knew for a fact that Riseki hadn't planned anything special, so your idea could be pursued without any worries about this. Yet, now that you had heard Riseki was unsure about all this, your mind was flooded with guilt that you hadn't checked his opinion in the first place.

Riseki noticed how promptly you went silent after he told you he was hesitant, for reasons you didn't know of up to now. He was wondering if he shouldn't have said that this way, after all, you put so much effort into organizing this.

He faced the trees next to him, letting his thoughts wander off to other places. Riseki was starting to feel bad upon seeing you so deep in thought and seemingly upset about something, knowing exactly it could only be his fault.

You did so much for him, since forever already, and this wasn't an exception. So why was he acting this way right now?

Deciding that he couldn't just let the atmosphere keep being as oppressive as this, Riseki turned back around to your walking figure. Though, the moment he spoke up, you settled to do the same thing as well. Consequently, the two of you started talking at the same moment, surprisingly with the exact same choice of words.

"I'm sorry-"

You two were astounded when witnessing the other utter something simultaneously, which resulted in your talks to be interrupted by yourselves. He stared into your (e/c) eyes, you got lost in his captivating greyish ones.