✸ 𝗷𝘂𝗹 𝟮𝟬: oikawa t.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

July 20 !

𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗋𝖺𝖼𝗍𝖾𝗋: tōru oikawa,
setter of aoba johsai !
𝗐𝖺𝗋𝗇𝗂𝗇𝗀𝗌: none
𝗇𝗈𝗍𝖾𝗌: this is unedited
again :]

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

TOGETHER

you rushed over to the gym door in agitation, hoping that you wouldn't see what you thought you would when you entered. at the same time, you were almost too certain that it was highly unlikely to find an empty gym, with no one inside.

especially because you knew who exactly you would most likely find in there.

exasperatedly, you threw the doors to the gym open as soon as you arrived. you opened it with so much force that it ended up crashing into the wall next to it, leaving a loud thud to echo through the gym.

a frustrated huff left your lips unconsciously as soon as you recognised the figure standing in the middle of the gym; just as iwaizumi had predicted and you had expected.

amidst a bunch of scattered volleyballs on the glistening floor, your boyfriend stood still like a statue. his soul seemed absent, not being a part of this world as he stood there, staring into space mindlessly. however, the loud thud of the door scared him out of his daze, and he flinched visibly when the sudden, loud noise was heard.

anxiously, tooru turned around to face whoever had caught him in this unsuitable situation. he already expected to see iwaizumi appear in the gym, hence why he was more than relieved when he was met with your face for a change.

you had been busy the whole day for about two weeks up till now and weren't allowed nor capable of meeting tooru at all. your club required you to take care of some events thoroughly, and you had been incredibly occupied with it. meanwhile, tooru had been caught up in his club's activities and a bunch of volleyball games.

now that you realised what a toll this had taken on not only you, but tooru as well, you thought that you should have paid tooru a visit. once, at least. you didn't know for the whole time what he was up to, and this had worried you so much.

you should have done things differently, yeah. but for now, there was nothing to majorly change about it, and you should just focus on the current state.

you crossed your arms as you spotted the mess inside the gym and the mess of your boyfriend that stood in between. this had been a recuring situation, to be fair, but you hadn't expected it to have turned out to be this bad.

after a few moments of complete silence, you released your arms and walked up to tooru at last. he, on the other hand, grinned bitterly as he faced you, knowing fully well what probably was about to happen next.

"uh.. hey, (f/n)," he greeted sheepishly whilst scratching his head, trying to distract himself from the current moment.

you waited before replying. for a few seconds, you tried to perceive whatever information you could by looking at him. when you registered the small but present tiresome glint in his features, you pulled him in for a hug.