Hostage || Jacob Bae

🌳 Inspiration : Hostage by Billie Eilish 🌳

|| Not Mistake Checked ||

♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

" 𝗬𝗲𝗮𝗵 , 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹 𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

" 𝗬𝗲𝗮𝗵 , 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹 𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 .. 𝘀𝗼 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘆 𝗮 𝘀𝗲𝗰 "

♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

3rd Person 🧝🏾‍♀️

The Bae Family were always open minded loving individuals . Their Town always considered them as weird because they'd believed in superstitions and things others found abnormal .

One quiet night a ufo crashed into their backyard . The loud commotion in their silent night drew the attention of almost everyone on the block . Everyone too scared to approach the unfamiliar thing stood in horror murmuring stupid stuff .

The bae family being the firsts to walk over to the ufo to explore . They ran their hands along the machine trying to find a way to open it , Jacob , a very smart 5 year old at the time touched the top causing it to open , earning yells from bystanders . "I opened it" he stated the obvious and his parents praised him with 'good job' & 'our smart boy' .

When they'd finally looked inside they saw a small girl , she looked about jacobs age , her skin was brown but had purple & pink spots , it was as if she had some type of colorful vitiligo . She seemed wounded cause she was crying and holding her arm . Jacob touched her arms making her flinch and try to move away from his touch but her leg was caught somewhere under the debris .

"Hey" , he spoke and finally she looked up at him . " it's okay , I got you" he said . Her tear filled eyes were so comforting , and so were his . He found her adorable while the rest of the town besides his parents , called her a monster . "You're cool , I'm gonna call you lyla" Jacob said .

~

It's been 12 years now and Jacob & lyla were turning 18 today , well technically Jacob was lyla had completely forgotten her actual age before she came to earth so jacob agreed to share his birthday with her and his age also , she was his best friend now & nothing could change that . Growing up was kinda hard for lyla because she was bullied .

They called her things like "space freak" or "dirty alien" . She was never really one to defend herself but Jacob did it for her . He was always there for her even when she didn't need him to be .

Lyla had been invited to a party by the popular girls at school , it was almost the end of their senior year and the two of them thought it was the perfect time to live a little before college . When lyla told Jacob about the party he felt wrong .. like he knew something would happen .

He begged her not to go and even offered to go with her but lyla shut him down saying . "She said girls only Jacob , I'll be fine" . He didn't believe her but his parents said he had to start letting lyla be on her own . Letting her live her life by herself sometimes was good for her .

That night Jacob couldn't sleep so he ranted on FaceTime with his 11 other friends . "I just feel like something really bad will happen" he said and Kevin responded . "Yeah I understand , but lyla is a grown up now Jacob just like you are , you can't be her shadow forever" he finished earning agreed head nods and sounds from everyone else .

"You know what I actually think lyla will have fun , she'll enjoy herself while you are over here worrying for nothing ." Chanhee said and Jacob sighed . "I should probably get to bed" he muttered and his friends teased him before ending the call .

On lyla's end was a completely different story . The girl walked the cold night streets with her hair messy , clothing torn .. bruises and scars aligning her fragile body . She had no shoes or phone . How did this happen?

When she'd made it to the location they sent for the party she'd felt as if something was off but nonetheless she went inside and called out their names . "Hello?" She spoke and within a blink of an eye she was hit and sent falling to the ground . They beat and pulled at lyla , telling her to go back to whatever planet she came from , calling her names and other degrading things , until she'd had enough , sending them all flying in different directions across the dark house . They'd all gone unconscious by the time she'd gotten to her feet and stumbled out of the door .

Now here she was at the end of the bae family's driveway crying her eyes out from the pain , internal & external . She knew she didn't belong here but why did she have to be treated as less than anyone else when they were all the same species , hers just being a little bit more genetically modified .

Jacob had gotten up from his bed and made his way to the front door , he'd just go check on her and then come back home , Is what he told himself .. however as soon as he opened the door his heart dropped . There she was lying on the cold hard ground at the end of the yard .

Dashing towards her he yelled out her name hoping she wasn't dead . Jacob quickly picked her up holding her in his arms asking if she was okay and checking her pulse . She was alive but barely ,, and very weak . "I knew I should've went with you , I TOLD YOU I FELT SOMETHING WAS OFF BUT YOY WOULDNT LISTEN .. WHAT IF-" he calmed down caressing her head softly sitting in the wet cold grass . "What if you died" he spoke and lyla didn't say anything . He held her sobbing quietly feeling so much pain in his heart .

"I'm sorry" she finally spoke and he kissed her head , his grip tightening around her . "Just hold me like this for a bit ,, I'll be okay" .