Chapter 17

Tenley's POV

"Yes" That reply evoked something in me and it was nothing other than pure rage. He has been playing me, get me here, where I need him more than the air I breathe so that he can just go ahead and throw something like this in my face.

I was so angry I didn't even realize I had pulled out my knife and it was on his neck with me on his lap holding him down "You need to calm down" I pushed my knife and it was into his skin now, one push could get his neck off. One push and all of this is over

"Don't tell me what to do" I sneered ready to cut his neck off "You don't get to tell me what to do? You lost that right do you hear me"

"I never had it to begin with" he fired back closing his eyes a bit trying to take in the pain then opening them again "Remember you were playing me too, you were using the fact that I needed your dad to play me" I felt angry yet I knew it was true, he was just great at the game. I guess somewhere I focused more on him than anything else "You played yourself, I just waited for the right time to get what I wanted"

"And you think this is the right time," I asked my lip twitching in anger "What makes you believe I will tell you anything when I am the one with a fuckin knife on your neck. I can slice your neck clean and leave your dead body for someone to find"

He dares to laugh at me "I'm not your enemy, I just played the game you started and if you want to kill me go ahead"

"Aren't you going to fight" I was shocked but kept my grip firm.

"We both had our reasons to why we started this thing. In a game, there is always one winner and in this one, I lose"

"But-" he was winning what does he mean he lose "You already got me where you want me" he scoffed sadly.

"I am a strong user, Tenley. I have used so many people in my life that it started to become my second sense. If you're not important to me I let go of you, and I admit you are still a strong use to me in finding Grizzly but that is not the only reason you're useful to me" I was listening intently "I have had you where I wanted you for a long time"

"Then why didn't you do anything about it"

"I don't know" the eye contact didn't flutter even once "I have always known one thing and wanted one thing... but then you come in and for a moment I know what I want yet don't know what I want"

"What do you want?" he chuckled holding my hand that was holding the knife but I held it firm and showed him that one mistake can get him dead.

"Wow, never thought I would say this on knifepoint" he let go of my knife and raised his hands in surrender

"Say it!" my voice moved a bit higher urging him to say it.

"I want you" My heart stopped and my grip on the knife almost loosened "And there is only one person I have wanted as much as I want you" I wanted to smile and kiss him, my heart was happy and my dick a little too excited but then I remembered that this all was a game.

"Are you playing me?"

"Did your father give you trust issues" I didn't like his words I almost pushed the knife in to show how serious I am "I'm not lying" he added when he saw how much I wanted to kill him.

"Then tell me why you're searching for him, why do you want him dead?"

"Can we not talk with a knife on my neck"

"I don't trust you" I admitted, what if I end up dead because I believed the words of a man who has been playing me all along

"Yet here I am trusting that you won't push that knife into my neck" I felt weird with those words like he has put a weight on me. I didn't even know he was trusting I wouldn't put this knife into his neck "The wizard's crew was once called Storms, most people called it the Storms since they were respected and feared. The Storms consisted of my dad and his two brothers"