Chapter 8

Oz's POV

When you start questioning things you start seeing what is right in front of you. I am not just a dominant who wants control, I am someone who was raised to read people and see right through their lies and I have been taught that since the day I was raised. My dad might not have been great with reading people who were close to him or maybe he did but trusted way too much to be able to see the lies in front of him but I don't.

I see a sheep in sheep's clothes even a mile away and I wanted to give that kid a benefit of the doubt and just trust that he is this innocent naive kid in need of a daddy but no. He might have managed to fool me with his body language but he made one tiny mistake, taking my phone. I didn't realize it until he left for the bathroom and I searched everywhere for it. That was the first clue that I was being played and he knew who I was because he didn't react about me buying a gun that seemed insignificant to him so it means it wasn't what he wants.

Grizzly wants something else to have sent his son to play me.

This means it's not me he is interested in but rather someone I talk to and my guess is Dash. Grizzly wants Dash for the attempted murder, Grizzly isn't the forgiving kind and I know his kids might not be either though my question is why hasn't tried to kill me. Does he need me alive for something, did he send his son to fool me and play me.

What does he need from me? Why does he need me alive?

Something was still a miss, if it was Grizzly he would want me dead right away because I am a big threat to his empire yet here I am, with his son and he hasn't made a move to do so. He needs me but until when and why? This all proves I am on the right family and they know who I am, I need to be more careful now.

I am just going to let them think they are still playing me as I wait for what they have planned for me. I should have trusted my gut on this one, the good thing is I have an advantage here, I am the one playing now and right now my revenge isn't about finding Grizzly but rather finding out what is going on exactly but to do that I need to distract his son from what brought him here.

He should have never set all this bullshit up because now it's gonna come back and bite him in the ass, he should have attacked me as a man but patience, acting dumb and silence are good friends. I made some blackened salmon tacos, not much but I set them right for a romantic date, then dipped some strawberries into chocolate and some white wine. I got all the time to set up a diner date in my kitchen, dimmed the lights, set the music, and after seeing that everything is set I walked back into my bedroom to find Tenley still asleep.

In an enemy's home and he sleeps like that, Grizzly could have managed better or I made him believe he was safe, that is what I am aiming for here and since he is playing me he expects me to ask about it his father which means he will be ready for all my questions. I won't be asking about anything and confuse him even more. I walked over to him and pecked his neck, his eyes opened up slowly and when he saw me he smiled his eyes still half-closed "Mmmmh daddy" he touched my cheek lovingly. I picked out a necktie holding it in both hands like I was going to attack him. He pushed himself back a bit fear flashing his eyes 'See the trust is still zero, I need him to forget why he is here and make him trust me completely'

"Come on, I have a surprise for you" I smiled resting it down the necktie done with my test. I need him to trust me that even when I touch a rope he doesn't flinch, that even when I blindfold him he still trusts me, I will be working on that, as long as I teach his body to trust me his mind will be easier.

"A surprise?"

"My boy was so great he deserves a reward" I praised petting his hair before getting up "Come on" he took my hand hesitantly and I gave him a genial smile as I helped him out of bed. I took him out and watched his face as we reached my kitchen, his eyes held shock as he turned to me with a reserved smile "So, does my boy love it" I pecked the back of his neck with my hands wrapped around him.