Chapter 42

Tenley's POV

I expected him to come back inside and maybe tell me he changed his mind yet none of that came even after I waited for five fuckin minutes he didn't come in and my heart was aching so I opened the door once again only to find him gone.

I closed it falling back on my bed with my hands on my face as I thought about it even harder than before. Yes, it's a rush and I should be thinking about how my life had once again drastically changed after my father's death and how much I need to start thinking about new routes to take since that one was destroyed beyond repair this time.

I know Oz and I haven't been on talking terms for over seven months after I said that shit about his dad but right now after finding out that we are not related all I want is to be next to him. I might be using it as a coping mechanism but what am I left with if I leave out the possibility of him leaving me again or dying just like my dad.

"Tenley" Mom called walking into my room wearing a black short dress with her hair falling on her shoulders "How are you feeling?"

"Oz left" I complained glancing at my nails feeling dejected, "I asked him to marry me"

"Is that what you think is the best option"

"It's the easiest option mom, I know what I am doing" I lightly snapped but she just nodded and then pecked my forehead.

"Alright, I won't get involved if you're sure"

"I'm sure, It will happen tomorrow," if he had said yes. I would have done it today but he disappeared and it is already getting dark, it's left with tomorrow. She walked out and I sighed falling back on the bed, getting under the covers feeling exhausted and hungry but I didn't feel like eating anything so I chose to sleep which came quite easy with my sore eyes.

Arms wrapping around me made me flick awake, no ounce of panic got into my body since I immediately recognized the person. I held onto his hand pecking it as I pushed myself more into his body "You don't know how much I love you" he whispered on my neck "In my life, I never thought I could love like this, love so much I would forget about revenge. Spend months without someone yet still feel the same after one day of reconnecting. See them in pain and feel it deep down as if it was my pain. Do you know how vulnerable I feel, that not even the streets made me this vulnerable"

I shifted turning my back so we were face to face "What do you mean?" he has never told me about his life on the streets.

"On the streets, I had nothing to lose no matter what, nothing mattered. It didn't matter and most times I tried... to end...others" my mouth gaped pushing Myself on my elbow "Not something I have ever spoken about and I try my best to not think of it. You know, no one ever prepares you for moments like those. They only prepare you for the enemies on the outside and leave out those that will dig deep within without you or anyone noticing"

"Those moments when your brain is your worst enemy, I had lost everything. Become so paranoid to the point that I thought everyone is out to get me and that soon became... A problem" he breathed in sitting up and I immediately followed keeping my eyes on him "I used to think I am strong until that time when I felt so fuckin weak and my mind made me believe so, I felt like the world was too big and it was stuck inside my head yet at the same time too small and dark. It was pushing me, it pushed me and I just wanted to see someone hurt like bleed. This time I knew I wasn't in my right mind to be with someone but everything in my head was a mess- I was a mess"

His eyes were stating in space seeming like he was back in that time and I was afraid to touch him "On the street is where I killed my first person with my own hands. It's where I first went too far in bed I almost killed a boy because of all these voices in my head. All I could think and see was Grizzly with his gun on my dad's head that I ended up hurting the boy almost killing him"

"Oh my god," I gasped suddenly feeling fear claw deep in my entire body. His eyes moved to mine and all the fear disappeared and got filled with the same sorrow as he had, I could feel how hurt he was and I lifted my hand to touch him but he pulled out a knife and I almost fell off the bed thinking he was going to cut my throat open.

Hurt flashed through his eye but he proceeded to rest the knife between us then picked up his gun laying it a few inches away from the knife "I have killed thirty-nine people in my life" he said getting off the bed kneeling as he handed me his phone "Watch it" he urged when I made no move to take it from his hand. I hesitantly took it and glanced between it and him for a few seconds before my finger pressed play.

It showed him up on the roof with his rifle pointed directly towards my house. The backyard where... "What is the meaning of this?" I stuttered out.

"I was here to kill your dad" he confessed and I have never felt so paralyzed in my seat as I am right now "At the last minute I didn't pull the trigger and right now you have two options. Either believe what I am saying or believe that clip" his eyes were on the weapons in between us "If you choose to believe the clip I want you to be the one to end my life" his eyes finally lifted back to me and he held my eye.

His face was hardened now and I could barely see what he felt. His eyes were betraying him yet still not so much, they were betraying the fact that he was lost and worried about what I was going to do. I rested the phone down and moved my hand towards the gun but I knew that wasn't big of my forte so I chose the knife.

I was quick to get a grip of his hair resting the knife on his neck. He didn't flinch or even try to fight it yet his eyes stayed in mine the entire time "Did you ever regret your first kill?" his eyes showed turmoil going on inside his head not having expected my question.

"Always" I pulled him closer as I slowly rested the knife down attaching our lips. It was a simple lingering kiss that was meant to soften him from being so stiff.

"I would always believe your word" I whispered with my thumb trailing his neck which had a small trickle of blood. I lifted it to my lips and slowly directed it between my lips sucking on it. His hand wrapped in my hair and he pulled me down attaching our lips once again, this time slowly yet deep and passionate. I moaned wrapping my hands around his body kissing back intently trying to devour his lips more than ever.

"Will you marry me?" he whispered after breaking the kiss with our foreheads leaning against each other.

A smile etched on my lips without even opening my eyes already liking the question as I rabidly nodded finally opening my eyes for my mouth to hang open after seeing the ring in front of me "Oh shit" I lifted my eyes back to him "Is this-"

"Yes," I didn't even have to finish my question for him to know what I was talking about. This was the engagement ring I tried on when we were role-playing. The day I realized what I wanted "Will you?" he inquired once again as if I haven't nodded a zillion times already.

"Yes" he pushed the ring onto my finger and like the last time it slide on perfectly "Oh my god" the excitement I felt couldn't be contained inside that I wrapped my bands around his neck hugging him tight and I bet he couldn't breathe but I didn't care.

"Thank you" he suddenly whispered onto my shoulder "Thank you for believing me, baby"

"You're my love, I always believe you" I hugged him tighter trying to fight off the sadness that took over my chest "Make love to me tonight" I whispered, and even if my voice seemed far away it's what I wanted, to feel his touch once again after so long.

"We don't need you sore before the wedding, let's save it for our wedding night," he said getting out of the hug as he got up getting the gun and knife off the bed with a smile that described this perfect moment. He slides into bed and tangled his body with mine "I love you"

"I love you too" And I hope you understand, I didn't add that out loud as I let sleep take over me and when I closed my eyes and fell into a deep slumber