Chapter 32: Bar Harbor 200

Friday at Dover International Speedway

Sarina walks through the garage area with Chase, giving him a quick kiss before letting him head off for practice. She then took a deep breath, continuing to make her way through the garage. She signed a couple autographs throughout her walk, before reaching the Kyle Busch Motorsports hauler.

"This needs to be done," she calmly reminded herself as she took another calming deep breath. "This needs to be done...." She then walks up to the door, sliding it open and walking inside. She immediately comes face-to-face with her teammate, giving herself some more calming deep breathes. She wasn't ever good at staying calm in these situations.

"You called?" Christopher Bell questions and she shakes her head yes.

"We need to talk about our issues," she answers as he crosses his arms. Needless to say, she could tell he had the same attitude as her normally.

"Our issues?"

"Well duh. Do you not recall what happened yesterday in the garage?" He rolls his eyes, shaking his head yes. His crew chief had already mentioned to him that it'd be best to clean up his actions.

"Let me guess – Marcus told you that we should work out our issues?" She shakes her head yes. "That figures as I got the same lecture. So, what's it going to be?" She crosses her arms, knowing there was only one way through this.

"What is it going to take for you to damn well lay off Chase and I? It's clearly obvious that you have a problem with us. You told me straight up at the shop that you didn't trust him because of what happened. Well news flash, I trust him from one end of the earth to the other. If anybody should have a reason to not trust, it's him for what I did. Now should that concern you? I don't think not as it doesn't concern me, hence why we're together and better than ever. So, can you lay off please?" He lets out a sigh, wishing he could just say the words and do as she pleases. However, he couldn't allow himself to do that. There were so many reasons he wanted to say something different in that moment to her, and each of those reasons would have validity considering the past.

"If you'd prefer that I lay off, I supposed I can keep my mouth shut for your sake. However, don't think that I'm not going to keep my eye on you or him. I have some reasonable concerns that I'm sure plenty of others have as well based on what happened. I mean Sarina, how is it he can take you back so quick after you lied to him? How is it that you can handle things with him when he straight up admits that he's nervous about your brother?" She lets out a sigh, having explained this already to Christopher. Why was she having to sound like a broken record to please him? Why did it matter to him anyway?

"I'm not going through this again with you, Christopher. Can we just agree for you to shut your flap?" It was clear the frustration was shining through, rather than the original intentions. However, who could blame her? Nobody would want to deal with this every weekend.

"Can we just agree for you to consider my concer-"

"What is it going to take to get through your damn head?!?" A smile forms across his face as he keeps his eyes on her. There was something he wanted to ensure he offered before anything because he wanted to instill his point was heard.

"Sarina Ott, the tough as nails female racer that nobody could crack and always held her own. Despite any challenge her way, she would never back down and stood guard to that person. Here was the girl that would never crack, shout – just give you straight up attitude back and let the talking happen on the track. But yet, here we are, and you can't keep your damn cool and are shouting at me about your boy. Do you see what's happening? You know my concerns are valid so therefore you have to push beyo-"