Taking a Step Back

I ended up taking about a month and a half break from missions. I still went to base and hung out with the league, I just refused to go on any missions for the time being. I told Tomura that I was going to get my shit figured out and I was being dead serious about that. I still hung out with Denki, but not nearly as much. I've been spending almost everyday at base with the league, trying to get my head back in the game.
When I wasn't with the league I was either at school or out on a date with Denki, I was barely at the dorms anymore except to sleep. I slowly started to exile myself from the class, knowing that I needed to let go of them. There's only one problem with that, obviously, I can't let go of Denki. I've of course came to terms with that, just accepting that by the end of this we're both just going to be completely destroyed. Was this selfish? Probably, but it's the best option that I can think of right now.
Today was one of my dates with Denki, he said that he wanted to go see a new movie that just came out then get dinner afterwards. I was currently walking to the dorms to pick up Denki. I kind of felt awkward at the dorms anymore, though it's my fault for getting distant. I walked into the building and recieved a few greetings from my classmates before I went up to Denki's room. I knocked on the door and walked inside, finding Denki inside with only pants and a binder on. He looked over at me with a smile, "Hey! You can sit on the bed while I finish getting ready." Denki said as he walked over to his closet.
   I knew my face was completely red. I couldn't say anything so I just nodded and walked over to the bed, sitting down and burrying my head into my hands. I felt a hand being placed on my shoulder so I looked up and locked eyes with Denki. "Ready to go?" He asked. I nodded and got up to follow Denki outside. The theater wasn't too far from the dorms so we walked there, hand in hand while making dumb conversation.
   We got to the theater, paid for our tickets, then stopped at concessions as Denki wanted snacks. After that we went to our auditorium and took our places towards the back. Denki dug into the snacks as soon as we sat down. The movie started a while later, it was a new horror movie and that's all Denki told me, I was kind of interested.
   Not long after the movie started Denki was clung to my arm and had his head buried into my shoulder. I found the movie hilarious, the gore was awful and so were the jumpscares. It was like a bad joke, I honestly wondered why it scared Denki. After the movie we walked to a nearby restraunt, not wanting to go to far.
   "That movie seriously scared you?" I asked once we were sat down.
   "Yes!" Denki said, instantly perking up. "It was terrifying!"
   "Not really." I replied as I looked through the menu.
   "Not all of us have your psychotic mind and can laugh through a horror movie, Toshi." Denki pouted, though that made me laugh. "I'm being serious, I don't know how you do it."
I shrugged, "It's just not scary, it's a lot more funny than scary if you really watch it and look at all the details. A lot of the gore and kills are really poorly done. It's laughable."
"I can't tell, it all looks pretty real to me." Denki replied as he rested his head on the table. I placed a hand on his head and slowly started messing with his hair. The waiter stopped by and took our order, minutes later he came back with the food. Denki's eyes lit up as the food was sat on the table, quickly starting to eat once the waiter left.
Denki was already finished as I was half way through my food. "You eat so slow." Denki said, resting his elbow on the table.
"You just eat crazy fast. Not all of us eat freakishly fast like you do." I replied with a smirk.
Denki glared at me, "That was dirty." I simply shrugged. I finished off my food then we payed the bill, heading back to the dorms right afterwards. It was a Saturday but I didn't feel like walking anymore so I decided to stay at the dorms for the night, the first time I've ever done so.
As Denki and I walked inside the class turned to look at us, surprised to see me. "You aren't spending the weekend with your family, Hitoshi?" Eijiro asked.
I shook my head, "I don't feel like walking anymore, if anything I can decide to go tomorrow." Denki and I continued inside and sat down on the couch with the rest of the class.
"That just means you can finally participate in our game night! You always miss it since you're with your family." Mina said before jumping up and running down the hall. She returned minutes later with a mountain of games in her hands. "We always spend Saturday nights playing games until late. You can pick them since it's your first time playing with us."
   Though I didn't want to participate, I saw no way out of this. I sighed as I went through the games Mina had placed in front of me, choosing a game I thought might be interesting. The people who wanted to play this round sat around the table and picked out their game pieces before placing them on the board. As we started I felt like every turn I had to get something explained to me, but after that had passed it was actually fairly fun.
   A couple hours later I had lost the game, Denki surprisingly won. I realized that I was actually having more fun here than I would have if I had went home. This had actually been a good break away from base, I didn't realize I needed that until now. After the game was packed away Mina forced me to pick out another, insisting that we had to keep playing game after game.
   All of the games we had played were surprisingly fun, I didn't expect that from the way the boxes looked. I lost every single game, though that's not really all that surprising. The league never played board games, Tomura found them boring and Dabi got so mad the one time we did play one that he burned it to ash. It was refreshing to actually play games and have fun with genuine laughter. The night flew by, the games only ceasing once it was 2am and everybody decided it was time to go to sleep.