When they spend time alone with your toddler

~ Zarkon ~

One day when you went to go visit one of your friends, you left Zarkon in charge of taking care of Gatrea. It was Dayak's day off, so Zarkon was the next logical choice. Zarkon hadn't taken care of Gatrea on his own for more than an hour, so he was a little nervous. So, as he sat across from his two and a half year old daughter on the living room floor, he was having a staring contest with her; or at least that's what Zarkon thought was going on. He needed to come up with something to do, but nothing that took too long seeing as it was almost lunch time.

"What do you want to do today?" Zarkon asked his daughter in a slightly uneasy tone, unsure of what she wanted to do.

"Pway hide and seek!" Gatrea answered without hesitation, excitement in her voice.

"Do you want to hide or do you want me to hide?" Zarkon queried, letting his daughter call the shots.

"I hide!" Gatrea replied in excitement, bouncing up and down a few times.

Zarkon nodded, closing his eyes and covering them with his hands. When he started counting down from twenty, Gatrea started looking for a good hiding place. She saw that the living room doors were open and decided to go hide in another room. She ran out of the living room, covering her mouth so that she wouldn't laugh out loud. She wasn't keeping track of where she was going, but as long as it was in the Palace, she would be alright.

"Five, four, three, two, one; ready or not, here I come." Zarkon said as he uncovered and opened his eyes, finishing his countdown.

Gatrea was nowhere to be seen, which meant that she found a hiding place. Zarkon stood up and started looking around for his daughter. He looked behind the couch, and underneath the end table and everywhere else that a toddler might fit. However, Gatrea was nowhere to be found.

"Gatrea? Where are you?" Zarkon asked out loud, sniffling the air but not smelling his daughter's scent.

No answer, and the living room doors were open; that meant Gatrea left the living room. Zarkon rushed out into the hallway, panicking a little. If he didn't didn't find his and your daughter, you would kill him. He sniffed the air for a moment, catching the scent of Gatrea fairly quickly. He followed her scent, being led to the large dining room.

"Gatrea?" Zarkon called out as he got down on his hands and knees, having a look underneath the table.

Right as Zarkon got onto his hands and knees on the floor, Sendak walked into the dining room with Gatrea sitting on his shoulders. Sendak wasn't expecting to find his Emperor in such an odd position, but he decided not to question it.

"Papa." Gatrea giggled, thinking that her father was funny for looking under the table.

When Zarkon heard his daughter speak he stood up, seeing that she was with Sendak. He was a little embarrassed to be found in such an awkward position.

"Might I ask you what you're doing?" Sendak asked Zarkon as politely as he could.

"I was looking for Gatrea; I was worried that she got lost. Thank you for finding her." Zarkon told his favorite trainee, thanking him.

Sendak walked over to his mentor, picked up the young princess off of his shoulders and gave her back to her father. He saw the young kit as family. Gatrea laughed gleefully as she was passed over to her father. Sendak promptly excused himself; he was meeting up with someone special and he didn't want to be late.

"Don't wander off like that, Gatrea; I was worried about you." Zarkon lightly scolded his daughter, feeling relieved that she hadn't actually gotten lost.