Passing something down to your oldest child

~ Zarkon ~

Gatrea recently turned nine years old and was very mature for her age, so Zarkon decided that it was time to pass something very important down to her; a bracelet that had been his mother's when she was nine years old. The bracelet had been kept in an old trunk that was stored in a storage room where it would be safe. Zarkon remembered that he found the trunk again a few years prior to meeting you, and he recently remembered the bracelet. So, one day he went to the storage room and got the bracelet out of the old trunk. Before giving it to Gatrea, Zarkon showed the dark purple and silver metal bracelet to you and told you about it.

His mother was going to pass it down to her oldest daughter, but Zarkon had been an only child, so she ended up packing the bracelet away in the trunk along with a few other things that were hers. Zarkon brought the trunk with him after becoming Emperor, but he packed it away somewhere safe. You liked the idea of passing the bracelet down to his and your oldest daughter, so that's exactly what the two of you were going to do that evening. After putting Zara, Zia, Krella and Kuhuv to bed, you and Zarkon told Gatrea that you both needed to talk to her in the living room. Gatrea was a little confused, but she agreed.

"What do you and papa want to talk to me about?" Gatrea asked you with uncertainty as she sat in between you and her father.

"Your father has something very important to give you." You answered in a soft tone, smiling at your oldest daughter.

Gatrea relaxed a little, thankful that she didn't do something without realizing it. She turned her attention to her father, tilting her head slightly to the right and flicking her ears slightly. She was curious now; whatever it was that he was going to give her, it must've been very important.

"Gatrea, you're very mature for your age, your mother and I are very proud of you for being so responsible. Now that you're old enough, I wanted to give this to you. This bracelet was my mother's when she was about your age; she was going to pass it down, but I was her only child. If she was alive today, I'm sure that she would have wanted you to have it." Zarkon told Gatrea as he held out the bracelet out in the palm of his right hand, smiling softly at her.

"It's beautiful! Thank you, papa. Are you sure that you want me to have it?" Gatrea gasped, surprised that her father was giving her something so important.

"Yes, I'm sure." Zarkon reassured her, still holding his hand out and offering her the small piece of jewelry.

Gatrea took the bracelet and examined it, feeling the slightly warm metal against her fingertips. It was thin and mostly dark purple with a few silver highlights. She slid it over her hand and onto her wrist, smiling as she looked down at it. You smiled, thinking that the bracelet looked beautiful on your oldest daughter. Gatrea couldn't believe that such a beautiful piece of jewelry was passed down to her; it was something that she would cherish for the rest of her life.

        _________________________________

~ Alfor ~

For the past three generations in Alfor's family,  an old compass was passed down to the oldest boy when it was decided that he was mature enough. Shortly after Lotarius turned eight years old, Alfor decided that it was finally time to pass the compass down to him. Lotarius was a smart boy who was responsible for his age, so Alfor knew that the compass would be in good hands. Alfor had already shown you the precious item and told you how it had been passed down to him when he was a boy, before you got pregnant. You agreed with your husband that Lotarius was ready to have the compass passed down to him.

After dinner and dessert one evening, Alfor took Lotarius out to the Juniberri fields. You, Fallara and Alazu stayed behind at the Castle so that you could have a girls' night in with your daughters. It wasn't that Alfor didn't want you and your two daughters to go with him and Lotarius, but Fallara and Alazu really wanted to spend time alone with you. So, Alfor took Lotarius to a place in the Juniberri fields where they could watch the sunset.