When one of your kids comes out

~ Zarkon ~
(Zara is 16)

More often than not, Zara was extremely confused about what her sexuality was. Sometimes she liked boys and other times she liked girls, but sometimes she thought people with other genders were attractive, too. After many hours of research online, Zara came to the conclusion that she was pansexual. In a way, she was afraid of what her father would say or do if she came out. She knew that you and her father needed to know at some point, but just the thought of coming out was terrifying.

She didn't even know how she was even going to tell you and her father that she was pansexual, but the sooner she told you both, the better. So, one evening while you were helping Zarkon with something in his office, Zara decided that it was a good time to come out. The rest of her sisters were doing their own things around the palace, so it was finally a quiet moment. You and Zarkon didn't notice Zara until she cleared her throat.

"Is there something you need help with, Zara?" You asked your second oldest daughter when you noticed the nervous look on her face.

"N-not exactly. I- I have something that I n-need to tell you both." Zara spoke quietly, looking down at her feet since she felt scared.

"Don't tell me that you're pregnant." Zarkon responded, his nostrils flaring a little as his instincts as a protective father kicked in.

"W-what?! No! I still haven't even done that with anyone!" Zara replied in a shocked tone while meeting her father's gaze; she wasn't expecting him to think that she was pregnant.

You and Zarkon looked at each other, both of you wondering what Zara needed to say. She obviously wasn't pregnant and as far as you were aware, she didn't even have a crush on anyone. You could be wrong, though. Zara's heart was racing in her chest as she tried getting up enough courage to come out.

"Mom, father, I- I'm… I'm p-p-pansexual…" Zara told you and her father after a few moments of silence, finally coming out.

"Is that all?" Zarkon calmly asked Zara in confusion, blinking a couple of times

"Zara, your father and I want you to be happy. We don't care what gender you're attracted to or what your sexuality is." You softly reassured your daughter, smiling softly at her.

"Oh mom… Oh father… I was so scared that you both would hate me!" Zara sniffled as she walked over to where the two of you were standing, hugging you both while crying a little; she was just so happy that you and her father weren't mad at her.

You and Zarkon smiled as you both returned the hug, happy that she had the courage to come out. You and Zarkon had plenty of daughters, so neither of you minded if a few of them weren't straight; you both just wanted them to be happy. The flood gates opened as Zara felt you and her father hug her, feeling emotional and relieved that you both accepted her for who she was. Now that she came out, she would finally be able to start figuring out who she was attracted to. No matter what, you and Zarkon would love and support all of your daughters.

        _________________________________

~ Alfor ~
(Fallara is 17)

When Fallara turned fourteen, she started noticing how cute boys her age were. However, there were times that she caught herself checking out other girls. She never thought much of it until she started occasionally flirting with other girls. Up until a certain point in her life, Fallara thought that she was straight. She knew what being bisexual was and she realized that she was actually bi, not straight.

Being bi wasn't the worst thing in the world, but she was a little nervous about how you and her father would react if she came out. She knew that she needed to come out, so she looked up creative coming out ideas and found one. For dessert that night, you and your family would be having some cupcakes for dessert made by your oldest daughter. Lotarius was out on an extremely important date with Allura, so there was an empty place at the dinner table that evening.