Lunch... and after

"Come on Kate, it's just around the corner" I shouted to Kate as I sped ahead down the street.

"Oh my god, Y/n, lucky just took a shit give me a minute!" She shouted back from down the street and she picked it up, " oh my god that stinks" she said to herself, gagging at the same time. She threw it in the bin and jogged to catch up to me, lucky pulling her ahead in excitement.

"Hey are you sure they allow dogs in there?" She said looking down at the happy golden retriever.

"Yess I'm sure Kate. I used to bring my dog here all the time when I was little. Trust me." I said.

We stopped outside a little coffee shop. There were small plants and miniature trees along the front wall and the outside walls were painted a sage green. A wooden sign above the door read, 'Кофейня Ивана' which was Russian for 'Ivan's Coffee Shop'. I love how many memories I made here. I sighed and pushed open the glass door, Kate following me inside the warm building.

"Hey Ivan!" I said cheerfully, giving a smile to the man working behind the counter.

"Привет [hey] Y/n/n" Ivan replied. He walked out from behind the counter and walked over to me, pulling me into a short hug, " Your table is free like normal, take a seat I'll bring your food over soon!" He walked back behind the counter then disappeared into the kitchen.

I looked at Kate, who looked somewhat surprised but also kind of intrigued. I grabbed her hand a lead her to the booth by the window. We sat down opposite each other and lucky tucked himself under the table by our feet.

"This was mine and Nat's favourite place to go. Whenever things got crazy or just to hang out." I said looking up at Kate's eyes.

She smiled back and looked out the window, " I can see why, it's a nice place."

I kept my eyes on her while she looked out into the street, until she turned back to me and our eyes connected.

She was blushing and she tried to hide it with a question, "what are we having?"

"Ah, well that Kate, is a surprise" I smiled.

As I said that Ivan walked round the corner holding two dishes filled with Mac and cheese. Kates face lit up and she looked back at me.

"Oh no way Mac and cheese!" She said

"Yep" I smiled, I thanked Ivan as he set down the plates.

We started to talk while eating our delicious Mac and cheese. Kate talked about what had happened with Eleanor and then I told her about my life and Natasha and how I knew the avengers already. Then we started to talk about things we hadn't told anyone else before and we ended up doing this for hours, then we decided to do an icebreaker to get to know each other better.

"Okay okay so, my question for you y/n is, what is your favourite thing about me?" Kate asked, her hand were resting on the top of a cola bottle and her chin resting on her hands. Her hazel eyes looking up into my own.

"Umm I dunno Kate" I said slightly blushing.

"Oh come on there must be something"

"You care. You don't just act like you do, you actually genuinely care and that's something I like about you." I said

"Huh okay, you're go ask me something" Kate said.

"Um, okay if you had one day left, what would you do. Or like what would you regret not doing if you were to somehow die now?" I asked

She looked into my eyes and thought about what her answer was going to be. "Can I get back to you on that one?" She asked in response.

"Yeah of course."

We realised we had spent so many hours at Ivan's talking that it took up our whole day. It was now dark outside and we had missed the team dinner we usually have every other night, so we decided it would be a good idea to head back to the compound.

I opened the door to my room and crashed onto the bed. Kate laid next to me and lucky went and laid in his little bed Kate bought for my room. We stared at the roof for a few minutes, until I broke the silence.

"You never answered my question" I said to Kate who still stared at the ceiling.

"What question" she whispered back.

"What would you do if it was you last day on earth or what would you regret if you didn't do it before you died?" I said

She stayed silent for a minute then whispered back, "I can't say"

"Yes you can, what is it?" I whispered back, laughing a little.

She turned her head to face me. Our faces were only a couple inches apart now, and she looked deep into my eyes. Her breathing slowed as she lowered her eyes to look at my lips. She looked back into my eyes. My heart was beating so fast, it felt as if it was beating right out of my chest.

I moved my head closer to Kate's, looking down at her lips as I did so. I looked back into her eyes one last time before leaning in, closer to her. I put my hand on the side of her face and gently, I pressed my lips against hers. I thought she'd push me away but she kissed me back.

I pulled out of the kiss and looked into her eyes, my thumb stroking her cheek, "Is this okay?" I whispered

She nodded and reached up, putting one hand on the back of my neck, and the other on my waist. She guided my hips to straddle her and pulled me towards her, crashing our lips together again. Her lips on mine felt amazing, our lips moving in sync. She moved both of her hands to my waist and sat up keeping our lips connected.

I pulled away for a second and rested my forehead against hers, holding the sides of her face with my hands.

"Don't stop" she whispered, looking me in the eyes with want.

I smiled and bit my bottom lip then brought them back onto hers. I could feel her smile as she moved her lips against mine. Our tongues moved together in sync while we made out, our breathing grew heavier and heavier.

Kate rolled me onto my back, staying in between my legs. She took her lips away from mine and moved down to my neck. I gasped as she sucked on the skin of my neck and I reached up with one hand placing it on the back of Kate's head. She slowly brought her hand down to my inner thigh and ran her hand slowly and gently up. My breathing grew heavier as did Kate's. I let out a small moan as Kate teased me, rubbing her finger over my clit through my underwear.

She stopped kissing my neck and lifted my shirt up over my head then threw it on the floor. She pulled down my cargo pants and slung them on the floor along with her own clothes. We were now both left in our underwear, gazing at each others bodies.

"You're beautiful" Kate whispered, her breathing still heavy.

I smiled at her and brought my hand back up to her face, pulling her into a searing kiss. As it became more intense, she brought her hand back down to the rim of my under wear and ran her fingers along the inside of it. She started moving her hands down under it, but before she could go any further Lucky jumped up onto the bed and walked in between us before jumping off the other side of the bed to look out of the window.

Kate let out a sigh and sat up.

"Lucky you are such a cock blocker!" I said throwing my hands over my face.

Kate took hold of my hands and removed them from my face to place a kiss on my lips. When she pulled back she smiled at me, then she crawled under the bedsheets and laid down next to me. I followed her and laid under the sheets. She nestled her head into my neck and wrapped her arms around my waist.

"It's okay we can continue this another night" she said closing her eyes and cuddling into me, "only if you know...you want to"

I kissed her forehead, "I would love to"

We closed our eyes and drifted off to sleep. What a night!