Meeting America Chavez

A/n: For further context the front door of the apartment is meant to look a bit like this, it's outside because it makes sense for future.

I slammed the car door shut, lugging my bags to the front door, Yelena following behind me with suitcases. I fumbled with my keys until I found the right one, then I put it into the lock and twisted the key. My door swung open to reveal my apartment exactly how I left it. I stepped to the side letting Yelena in first, then I followed her inside, shutting the door behind me.

"Wow your place is really nice." She said looking around.

"Thanks. You can put my stuff in my room, it's the last door down the hall." I said dumping my bags on the island counter.

I began pouring myself a glass of water just as Lena walked back out of my room, so I poured her one as well, sliding it to her across the counter. I looked at my phone, the time reading 21:24. Normally it's only a half hour drive from the compound to my apartment but there was a load of traffic and we set off later than planned since we had to tell Clint what was happening.

"We should eat and head to bed, it's pretty late." I told Yelena who agreed with me, "I have some Mac'n'cheese in the cupboard if you wanna make it."

"Of course, you got hot sauce?" She asked pulling the box out of the cupboard.

"Yep." I said placing the bottle on the counter beside the stove.

We finished eating and put our empty plates into the dishwasher. I showed Yelena to the spare room and gave her some clothes to sleep in for the night along with a clean toothbrush. I walked into my own room, shutting the door behind me and changing into a pair of black shorts and a white T shirt. I brushed my teeth and then got into bed, unlocking my phone and opening my chat with America. I started with 'hey' to wait for her to respond.

——-America.Chavez.Is.Cool——-

Y/n
Hey

America
Hey y/n, what's up?

Y/n
Nm, just letting you know, I've gone back home so I'm not at the compound rn.

America
Oh okay, well I can come round urs instead if you want?

Y/n
Yeah okay, I'll see you tmr, goodnight.

America
Night night.

————————————

I placed my phone on the bed side table and turned the light off. I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

The next morning came around and Yelena had already left. It was around 10 am, and I was getting dressed ready for America to come over. We had agreed on 10:30, so she shouldn't be long. I was sat eating some fruit loops at the table when the door bell rang.