Stark cabin

Y/N POV

I woke up feeling much better than I was the night before. I hadn't moved a muscle since I fell asleep and neither had Kate. Our limbs were entangled comfortably together and my head was still in the nook of her neck. When I opened my eyes, the first thing I saw was how sunny it was outside. All of the rain from the night before had completely cleared, leaving a rainbow and the beaming sun in the sky.

I lifted my head up slowly to look at Kate, who was still fast asleep. Slowly, I unwrapped my arms from her waist and rolled over, grabbing my phone. I began to scroll through tiktok, as one does, and came across yet another avengers fan page.

The video was a ship edit of Kate and I, which I was pretty unfazed by since I see them constantly, I'm almost certain we are fan favourites when it comes to ships. I stared at the screen, watching clips of us focus in with the beat, clips of us captured by press; paparazzi and pedestrians. Not going to lie, I looked really good in these edits, but Kate... damn. I began to think about what it was like when we were in love, and if I'm honest I miss it.

"What you watching?" A sleepy voice asked from beside me. 

I smiled as I looked at her. She had cute puffy, tired eyes and the sweetest smile on her face.

"Nothing, what do you wanna do today?" I asked as Kate sat up.

She hummed as she began thinking of what to do. I remained laid on my spot of the bed and she rolled off the bed and onto her feet. She walked over to the wardrobe in the corner and pulled out a black hoodie, slipping it over her torso. She walked back over and sat cross legged in front of me, and quickly tied her hair up in a messy bun.

I took the drawstrings and tied them into a neat bow, which made Kate blush. A huge smile spread across her face and she threw herself at me, chucking her arms around my waist and squeezing me tight. The force threw me onto my back so that Kate was laid on top of me with her head on my chest. I placed my hands around her and drew small circular patterns on her back with my index finger.

"Can we just stay here all day..." she said softly.

"No, we should actually do something..." I chuckled.

"Ugh, fine." Kate let go of me and we both sat up, "why don't we go swimming, there's a beautiful clear blue lake right in front of the cabin?"

"Sure that sounds good, expect we have no swimsuits..." I replied.

"Umm, how about we..." Kate quickly went back to the wardrobe and rummaged through it looking for something, "shit, I really thought there would be shorts in here."

"We can figure something out, it is super hot outside so I could go for a swim." I said, "I'm gonna go look around!"

"Yeah okay.."

I got up, straightening my T-shirt as I began walking out of the bedroom. I made my way into the living room and switched my phone on.

"Hey friday! Can you scan the cabin please, give me any info you can find on it!" I asked.

"Okay Miss Romanoff, scanning now." A few seconds later Friday had completed its scan, "This cabin belongs to Tony Stark, it is used as a holiday home but hasn't been in use for 7 years. There also appears to be a piece of technology that stands out from the rest, a lever underneath the sink is stark tech.."

"Okay thanks Friday." I said turning it off.

Curiously, I made my way over to the kitchen sink. I opened the wooden door underneath and saw the lever friday mentioned. I reached in and pulled it down.

Suddenly, a loud whirring sound came from behind me. I turned around to see the rug in the middle of the floor disappear with nanotechnology, revealing a modern looking staircase.

"Kate! Get in here!" I shouted to her.

She ran in and immediately stopped by my side when she saw the staircase. Without hesitation, I walked down them, with Kate following behind me.

The stairs lead to an open floor. The entire room was more modern in comparison to the rest of the cabin. The walls were painted a dark grey colour and the floor was still wood panels but cleaner. There were pretty green plants handing from baskets, on shelves and larger ones in the corners of the floor. This basement was clearly a huge work space Tony used to use as a secret from pepper. The man could never take a day off from working.

My attention was drawn to a huge Stark industries fabricator. I walked over to it and began pressing a few buttons.

"Y/n, you gonna tell me what's going on?" Kate asked as she walked up to me.

"Wait a sec-" I said as I pressed enter on the machine. 5 seconds later and a swim suit was fully fabricated.

"Now we can go swimming!" I said holding up the bikini.

Kate lowered my hand.

"Y/n, hun, that's great...but can you please tell me what the fuck this place is?!" She said clearly very confused and slightly agitated.

"Oh yeah my bad, this is a Stark cabin... as in its Tony's and this is one of his hidden workshops." I said making my way back up the stairs.

"Oh...kay..." Kate said lowly then followed me back up.