Say something

Phil was sick, very sick he had been in hospital for months. The doctors did what they could, they gave him medication they done operations but nothing helped for a long amount of time. Phil was worse now he couldn't breathe on his own he had a breathing machine, he was asleep a lot of the time. Dan knew he was getting close to the end, but he didn't want to think about it. Dan sat with phil from the start of visiting hours to the end of visiting hours and longer if he could get away with it. Dan couldn't live without phil, phil was dans best friend he helped him through so much dan needed phil. Dan sat next to phil holding his best friends hands, crying. "You know phil, i'm so grateful to have been your best friend. I was so lucky for you to be mine, thank you for everything thank you for making me happy and showing me that the world is a beautiful place thank you for being there for me when no one else was, you'll never know how much that means to me", dan squeezes phils hands after he finishes speaking. Phils eyes flitter open he takes a deep breath and whispers "I love you dan" . Phils eyes shut and his heart monitor starts beeping. Dan breaks down into tears he hugs phil tightly until he gets pulled away by doctors. "Please come back phil" he cries. But phil was sick, very sick he wasn't coming back.