Teens

|Vaughn's POV|

Your ultimate favorite is back! I can't believe it's been 5 years already. So much has happened that I'm sure my siblings have already filled you in on. So, let me catch you up on what's happening on the home front.

Murphy is 17 and a Senior. Oh and she has a boyfriend, Ethan. My dad can't stand him. Let me not tell too much of her business that she can share herself. As for me, I'm 15 and a Sophomore in high school. My Sweet 16 is going to be the party of the Summer. Yeah it's like almost a year away, but mommy said I can have the party so a party it is. We'll be having a lot of parties from my Sweet 16 to Murphy's grad/18th birthday party, Jamie's baby shower. I'm sure there's more.

I'm still a fireball and my dream is to become a wrestler. Whenever i get a chance to get to Florida, my dad lets me watch the guys train. Some have even let me get in the ring. I've pretty much got a bump down pat. According to the guys and girls, I'm a natural. Well, duh, look at who my dad and uncles are.

Speaking of my uncles, they're just as involved as ever. I mean what else are they supposed to do in retirement? Especially uncle Mark. Dad has officially retired from the ring as well. I mean, he's 57 now. It's time he retires. He thought he had some time left but after some issues with his heart, he knew he needed to take it easy. That was a scary time. I've seen dad injured, but we all felt hopeless seeing him like that. Thankfully he's better now.

Grandpa Vince took over NXT, the brand dad had built. The two had been going back and forth about it and you can tell who won. Grandpa Vince of course had to put his mark on it by renaming it NXT 2.0. Funny thing is, he's officially retired now leaving full duties to the board and not passing it down to my mom and uncle Shane, keeping it in the family. That was a rough patch personally and professionally and caused a rift between my parents, uncle, and grandfather. After some much needed mediation from grandma Linda, they came to some common ground. Whatever that common ground is.

I'm currently getting ready for school. Thank God it's Friday. We were heading to Texas this weekend. Zach's team was playing the Texans and we'd get to see Izzy and Jamie.

I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in."

"Hey, I'm dropping you off at school, but I'm not staying."

Murphy recently got her license and mom lets her drive us to school. Still, her telling me she wasn't staying and just dropping me off? Ref flag. I gave her a look.

"Why not?"

"I don't have a first period so I'm going to Ethan's house."

While I didn't think that was a good idea, who was I to stop her.

"Um..."

"Mom and dad have meetings all day and I can sign myself into school."

"So you're saying the school isn't going to call them?"

"If the automated system does, it's not like mom and dad don't know my schedule."

"So are you just coming late or not coming at all?"

"Depends. Nothing for you to worry about. I'll pick you up and bring you home as usual."

I shrugged. I was not getting in the middle of this.

"You know we're leaving for Texas after school. That's why mom and dad had us pack last night."

"I did pack. My suitcase is downstairs already."

"So let's put two and two together. If we're leaving tonight, what makes you think you're driving us to school? Mom or dad will drop us off on the way to the office and then we'll head straight to the jet after school."