Calm Before the Storm

|Rory's POV|

After getting off the phone with my dad, I took a break and went to make something to eat. Bash would be home soon. I was halfway done when I heard the door open and my name.

"In the kitchen!"

Bash came in moments later and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Hey, beautiful," he said, kissing my neck.

"Hey, babe. How was the gym?"

"It was great. I hope you'll come with me next time."

I laughed.

"Gym with you? Did that once. No thanks."

"Scared?" he questioned, tickling my sides

"No. You're just a different person in the gym. It's like the beast comes out of you. You're extremely bossy and make me do things over when it's not right."

"I can show you a different beast right now."

I gently elbowed him.

"That's not what I meant, smart ass."

He laughed.

"Alright, alright. Finish up what you were working on?"

"Pretty much. Now I just have to piece it together. It's due next week. I took a break after talking to my dad."

He started kissing my neck again.

"Babe..."

"Hmm."

"Can I finish making dinner, please?"

"Alright, fine. I'll shower and change then we can chill for the rest of the night."

He pecked my cheek before going to the bedroom leaving me to finish up our dinner. We were having salmon, red potatoes, and roasted asparagus. I was plating our food as Bash came back in and sat down. I passed him his plate.

"Thanks, babe."

"No problem."

We ate in silence for the first few minutes. I felt Bash glancing up at me every now and then.

"You okay?"

I gave him a half smile.

"Now that you're back home, yes I am."

"Ro, what's going on?"

I sighed.

"Bash..."

"You can just tell me now and get it over with."

I rolled my eyes.

"My parents are in Houston. You know, Murphy and Vaughn went down there for the week since they're suspended."

He nodded.

"They went to an arcade/restaurant type of place and Kyle showed up. He approached Vaughn, grabbed her arm, and got into it with my dad."

I listened to his fork clank against the plate.

"He touched V?"

"My dad said she's okay."

He shook his head.

"That's beside the point. That son of a bitch had no business putting his hands on her."

"You think I don't know that Sebastian? I feel horrible that she had to experience that."

"Don't worry, he's going to get what's coming to him," he said, going back to casually eating his food.