Bottom Line

|Vaughn's POV|

I knew I should've turned my dad down when he asked if I wanted to go to Florida for some developmental stuff. He had work to do, but I'd be able to hang out with Uncle Shawn at the performance center. I walked right into the trap.

We're two weeks out from my party and once we get back from Florida, my parents are going to be meeting Asher. He told me not to worry and that it wasn't that serious. Yeah, he doesn't know my family. My dad is the least of my worries. Once Zach got wind of Asher coming, Kylie had to stop him from booking a flight. Zach is overly overprotective of me. Mom says it's because I'm the youngest. I just think they're crazy. Plus, Asher isn't even my boyfriend. We're really just friends.

Pulling up to the performance center, it was business as usual. My dad greeted everyone as he went in. He still had an office here that was currently occupied by Uncle Shawn. Walking in, I damn near shit my pants seeing not just Uncle Shawn, but Uncles Mark, Kev, and Scott. They all smiled when they saw me. I stood back and did the same. My dad laughed.

"Girl, get over here and give us a hug," Uncle Kev stated.

"Shouldn't do the dirt if you're scared to face us,"'Uncle Mark added.

My dad gently nudged me towards them. I hugged each of my uncles and I almost forgot that I was still in trouble.

"So, what gave you the bright idea to go back to the fight club after your parents told you it was off limits?" Uncle Scott quizzed.

I groaned. Here they go.

"Hey, don't be surprised we have questions," Uncle Shawn chimes in.

He looked disappointed more than anything.

"I just went to support my friend."

"Yeah, what's the boys name?" Uncle Kev asked.

"Asher."

"How old is he?" Uncle Mark questioned, raising his brow.

I looked to my dad. All he did was shrug. Thanks, thanks a lot.

"He's 18."

"18?!" they all yelled out simultaneously.

"You know for men that are older than their wives, you sure are making a big deal out of me having a friend that's a little older than me."

"You approve of this, Hunter?" Uncle Kev quizzed.

"Steph and I are meeting him when we get back to Connecticut. Steph said none of you are invited," he stated.

I smirked. Thanks for having my back, mom.

"That's fine. I'm sure we'll meet him at your party, right Vaughn?" Uncle Shawn commented.

They all laughed as my fave dropped.

"Come here," Uncle Scott stated.

I moved closer to him and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"I thought our chat at Mark's gym got through to you, kiddo."

"Uncle Scott, it did," I replied, semi-whining.

"No need for all that. We just want you to be safe. This is a dangerous business," he continued.

I rolled my eyes and from the look in his face, he wasn't impressed.

"Hey, there's no need to give me an attitude. I've lived this life. You're the one that needs to catch up. I know what it's like to be sucked into things and not listen to the ones that care about me the most."