Mom Life

|Jamie's POV|

Bianca Anastasia Law.

Our baby girl is officially here. We weren't expecting her until January, but she decided to come early, a week before Christmas to be exact. Brandon and I couldn't be happier. I was worried that she came early, but the doctor said she couldn't be healthier. At 6 pounds/14 ounces, I couldn't believe she's been on this Earth for almost 3 months already. It still seems so surreal. I'm a mom! Brandon and I are parents.

Brandon wanted a B name and I wanted my mothers name to be a part of it, so we decided on Bianca Anastasia.

While I would have loved my parents to be here for all of this, I know they would be proud. Uncle Paul and Aunt Steph haven't taken their place, they've never tried to, but I'm so blessed to have them. I remember asking them if they would be okay with Bianca calling them grandma and grandpa.

|Flashback|

It's been 48 hours since I gave birth. I am exhausted. Labor was long, but Bianca is finally here. Our baby girl is finally here. I've heard from just about everyone in the family since I've given birth. I'll be going home tomorrow. I'm so ready to get out of this hospital.

I was snuggling with Bianca. Brandon had stepped outside. I heard the door open.

"Hey babe, you have some visitors," Brandon said, coming in full view.

I looked behind him to Uncle Paul and Aunt Steph. They told me they were coming to Texas, but I didn't expect to see them now. I couldn't hold back the tears.

Uncle Paul and Aunt Steph," I whispered.

"Hi sweetie," Aunt Steph said.

Uncle Paul smiled.

I watched as they quickly moved to wash their hands before coming to sit on either side of me. Brandon was watching. He was giving me a look as if I wanted him to leave. I shook my head that he could stay.

I adjusted myself in bed.

"How are you feeling?" Uncle Paul asked.

"Relieved she's here and healthy. I was petrified once my water broke. I was afraid of losing her, too. Like what if my body wasn't meant to carry a baby. Once I heard her cry, all my fears went away."

"She's beautiful. Congratulations mommy and daddy," Aunt Steph stated, smiling at both me and Brandon.

"Thank you," Brandon commented.

"Uncle Paul, Aunt Steph, I wanted to ask the two of you something. I've been pushing it off because I wasn't sure how to ask. I mean , you cal always so no."

"Babe, it's okay," Brandon said from his spot across the room.

I took a deep breath. I don't know why I was so nervous.

"Jamie, you know you can ask us anything," Uncle Paul added.

"Would you be okay with Bianca calling you two grandma and grandpa? In no way am I trying to replace my parents. I never could and you guys have never tried to. Bianca will know who my parents are, but I want her to also know who my bonus parents are. You've played such a huge role in my life and I know it'll be no different with Bianca. It's something I've been thinking about for a while and I should've asked sooner. I just..."

"It would mean a lot to both of us. I know the bond you three have has only strengthened over the years. Our little girl is blessed to have you just like Jamie is," Brandon stated, cutting me off.