Stormy Weather

|Bash's POV|

Fighting with Ro was the last thing I wanted to do. I hated to raise my voice at her. The shouting that just went on between the two of us, I'll admit, I lost my cool. I hate to get that way, but I swear yelling or being stern is the only way to get through to her sometimes.

I went down to the lounge of the apartment building for some space. Walking away wasn't my forte, but it was best when I needed to check my anger. Ro called a few times. I ignored. I left for a reason. I wasn't surprised when I saw Zach was calling. I was going to ignore his ass too, but knowing how persistent he was, he wouldn't stop blowing up my phone.

Hello.

Hey, what's up?

Nothing other than you calling to see what's going on between me and your sister.

Alright, my cover is blown.

Zach, I'm not in the mood right now.

Rory was right. You are upset.

I have every right to be. Your sister is stubborn.

He laughed.

Please tell me you're not just realizing that.

He laughed some more.

Zach....

Hey, I'm just calling to make sure you're good. She called me crying and said you left. I told her you needed space and that you'd be back. She thinks you're not.

The joys of dating my best friend's little sister, he finds out more about my relationship than he needs to.

I'm fine. I needed some air which is what I told her. Of course I'm going back. That shouldn't have even crossed her mind. Trust me, if I didn't want to be around your sister, I would've taken her back to her dorm. I just needed a minute.

Alright. I'm just making sure. Want to talk about it?

Not much to say, Zach. Ro is in her feelings right now about a bodyguard. She's getting one and that's that. She thinks I went behind her back and hired one. I'm not the kind of person to do that. Does that even make sense to you?

She doesn't like people to make decisions for her.

Look, I get you defending your sister, but I don't want to hear it. I didn't make any decision. I did the legwork to make it easier for her. She took that as me going behind her back. Making the decision would be telling her who the bodyguard was. I didn't do that.

She didn't say all that.

I'm sure she didn't. She's angry that your dad was on my side of getting one. He brought it up to her after everything happened with Vaughn. I had hinted at it beforehand. The real problem is her feeling like no one is on her side and she needs to get over it. Me and your dad are on the same page with her getting a bodyguard. He said your mom is, too. So, she's getting one.

I don't disagree with her having one. I'm on y'all side with that. She'll be okay. When are y'all meeting with the potential bodyguards anyways?

Tomorrow and then she'll need to choose. I don't want to hold off on this any longer. She'll have 48 hours to make a decision , then yeah, I will make the decision for her.

Where'd you find these?

Remember my uncle Bill?

Oh right. He's a retired cop.