New Level

|Paul's POV|

Having the guys in town to talk to Vaughn was nothing out of the ordinary. I had a feeling that this fight club was some type of indie promotion and after seeing the pictures and video, my gut feeling was right. Stephanie is not aware of this and I'm not exactly sure how to tell her. The last thing she wants is Vaughn wrestling at the moment let alone on the indie scene at 16. She's all for her training, but starting this young, she's voiced more than once she's not a fan. I know how much Vaughn wants this and there will be limits, but it's better for us to fully get on board with this than for her to continue to sneak around.

The guys headed to the ring with Vaughn. I now had to deal with mama bear. She answered after a couple of rings.

Hey, honey. How's things going?

Going well.

That's good. Vaughn excited to see the guys?

At first, no. They just went down to the ring. I want to talk to you about something.

What's wrong. Are you okay?

I'm fine. It's about Vaughn.

Alright, what's up?

Steph, she's ready.

Ready for what?

The ring.

Paul, no! Absolutely not!

Steph, calm down...

I am calm!

As she screamed over the phone I sighed and leaned back in my chair. She was far from calm.

Steph...

Paul, are you kidding me? We've talked about this. She's about to be 16 and needs to focus on getting out of high school. I don't...

Steph, it's not a matter of what we want and don't want anymore. It's either we get on board with this dream she has or she's going to be off in another state wrestling for indie promotions behind our backs.

She's already doing things behind our backs.

Stephanie, what started as a fight club has morphed into an indie promotion. It's hardcore wrestling.

I'm going to kill her.

Yeah, convincing her was going to be harder than I thought.

Stephanie...

I don't want to hear it. The answer is no.

Hey, you're the same one that just said we make decisions together. My vote for her Sweet 16 was no. What makes this situation different?

She's not endangering herself at her party! Did you not see her fractured ribs just a few months ago.

I know, Stephanie. I know. All I'm saying is that we give her a chance.

I'm scared she's going to hurt herself Paul.

Well, with this business it's inevitable. She's going to be sore and bruised. With Izzy's dance career, we face the same risk. Zach is a pro football player, you think it's any different? I know, they're older, but it's better to hone in on her skills now and prepare her than for her to go rogue and not be equipped. We have the resources.

Her not saying anything meant she was actually listening. I was getting somewhere.

There will need to be limits. I don't want her doing this full time. She can't until she graduates.