Good Intentions, Bad Decisions

|Bash's POV|

I'm an idiot. I was trying to surprise Ro by making dinner but I ended up leaving her stranded at the airport. She comes home and a woman she's never met is in our kitchen. If the roles were reversed, she's right, I'd be pissed too. I gave her some time to cool down as I went back to the kitchen.

"Everything okay?" Kourtney asked.

I shook my head.

"Sorry if she was a bit rude."

"I told you, we could've met up another time. If I walked in on my husband with another girl, I wouldn't have been as calm as she was. So no need to apologize for her reaction."

"Between getting caught up at work and her coming home and you being here, I'm in the doghouse for sure. I just wanted her to meet you because I want to hire you for the house. I think you two could really collaborate and create something dope with the interior design."

She nodded.

"Yeah, from the look on her face, you for sure are in the doghouse. I'd be happy to work with Aurora if she needs my services. You should've set this up better, Bash. You know, that's your biggest flaw. Your intentions are good, but you can't jump out the window all the time without informing all parties involved."

"I know, it's just with Ro, I want to take any and all pressure that I can off her."

"I get that. You're her man, of course that's your goal. Still, she's a grown woman that can make decisions for herself. Let her do that. You can still be in charge without taking charge all the time. You know, working on projects with you in college was always a pain in the ass because you said shit after the fact. Like, yeah, it worked out, but wasn't your call to make alone."

"You have a point."

"I know I do. Your girlfriend just walked in here and saw you with another female, a female she's never seen or heard of. How do you expect her to feel."

"She knows I have female friends. She has male friends."

She groaned.

"Please tell me you didn't say that to her."

"I did, but..."

"What the hell is wrong with you? Why would you say that? You caught her off guard having me here."

"Alright, I fucked up."

"At least you're acknowledging that you did. Good intentions, but a bad decision. Please tell Aurora I'm sorry for crossing any boundaries. Text me when you straighten everything out. Oh and I turned off the stove. Only thing worst than a angry girlfriend is a hungry one."

I walked her out and came back in the apartment. On my way back, I called Zach. What are brothers for than for me to vent at a time like this. Took him forever to answer.

This better be good, Bash.

You busy or something?

Damn right I am. Kylie just got back. What do you want?

I rolled my eyes knowing what he meant.

I fucked up man.

What do you mean?

Remember my friend Kourtney from college?

Yeah, the interior design girl. Y'all worked on a lot of projects together. You called her your work wife at one point.

Yeah, her. She came over tonight.

Oh, you're getting her to help with the house, right? How'd Rory like her?