Father VS Son

|Bash's POV|

My parents coming to town was not how I planned on spending my weekend. Leo coming out here after being expelled from school would only piss my father off more. I talk to my mom pretty frequently, but the relationship with my dad has always been strained. Only way he got me to do anything was by buying me something. That's how I got my car in high school. He worked so much as I got older, he barely paid attention to anything I did. As for my mom, once she got pregnant with Leo, she devoted all her attention to him. I was just there which is how I managed to do whatever I wanted.

Ro and Leo were watching a movie. I had went to the gym. On my way back, I got a call from Zach. He had been so focused on training. We were planning to do a guys weekend soon before the season started. More like crashing the girls weekend for Ro's 21st. Brandon and Tyler were on board to do the same.

Hello.

Hey, man. What's up?

What do you have radar when something is going on with me?

Now that you say that, something is wrong. As if you don't sense it with me.

How's training?

It's going. Back in the zone. No more liquor. Kylie isn't with that shit anyway.

You were in a stupor after that DUI. She was about to call in the Calvary on your ass.

He laughed.

What you mean?

Kylie called me talking about how you were sad and stressed, drinking. I was about to catch a flight, but she said Rob spoke with you and you straightened up.

Yeah. He's been training with me and he put my ass through the ringer, poured out all my alcohol.

Damn, how many bottles?

I only had a few.

Really?

Alright I had like 6.

Well, glad you got your shit together. Big season champ.

Right, and I have 4 fewer games than intended. Anyways, back to you, what's going on?

Leo showed up on my doorstep this morning.

Leo? What the hell? Wait, your parents are there? You and Mr. Cal in the same room together can get crazy at times.

That's because my father... You know what, you already know how he can be and no, Leo came alone. He got expelled.

Expelled? Over what?

A prank gone wrong, he says. He was in one of those private schools anyway. My mom wanted him in the best of the best. He wanted to go to the public school. Now he just may get his chance.

Damn. So, you kick his ass?

No. Yoked him up because he was getting an attitude, but no.

Lay off him Bash, you grew up with your parents, it's no easier for him.

I'm not saying it is, but damn. If he's going to go MIA, he has to give me the heads up. I can take the blow of my parents. He can't be catching flights without informing anyone.

I don't disagree with you there. What are your parents going to do?

I assume take him back home. They're on their way here.