Guess Who's Back

Time Jump - 5 Years

|Jamie's POV|

It's been a whirlwind these past 5 years. Moving to Texas was the best decision ever and I couldn't be happier. Brandon (28) and I are still together. He's doing well with his law career and works for a private firm. His goal is to open a firm of his own.

In other news, I am five months pregnant and we just found out we are having a baby girl. Brandon is beyond excited to be a dad and has been prepping the nursery since he found out I was expecting. We are the godparents of Tyler (27) and Izzy's baby boy, Logan. He's not a baby anymore, but will always be a baby to us. He's 5 and recently started Kindergarten. He gets to be a big cousin and I'm sure he'll be just as protective of our little girl. It's in his DNA, on both sides.

Izzy and I have our dance studio and live within 10 minutes of each other. At 25, we're both thriving professionally and personally. Plus, we have two boyfriends that changed a lot of our ways as well.

I was getting ready for the day when Brandon FaceTimed me.

Hey, baby.

Hey, beautiful. Just wanted to call and check in on my girls.

I instinctively touched my stomach.

We're doing just fine, babe. How's work?

It's fine. Just wrapping up some paperwork. You free for lunch?

Are you asking me on a date?

He laughed.

I'm just making sure you eat today.

Yeah, right. If you want to see me, just say that. Come on, I know you miss me.

He playfully rolled his eyes.

Of course I miss you when I'm not with you. So, are you free?

I'm actually having lunch with the girls, but dinner?

Alright, I'll settle for dinner. Who are you going to lunch with?

The usuals.

I heard him sigh and I couldn't help but laugh.

Izzy and I have a circle of friends that we met in the dance community here. The new crew includes Layla, Jasmine, and JoJo. See, just 5 of us. Nothing too crazy. We've gone out quite a bit together and let's just say Brandon and Tyler have had to pick us up from the club because we were sauced. Then there was that one time they had to come bail us out. Yeah, we were in huge trouble for that.

Jamie, where are the 5 of you going?

To get food and some baby shopping afterwards.

He didn't say anything.

What's the problem, Brandon?

You girls get rowdy when you're together.

Hey, you said you didn't have a problem with my friends. They're nice.

I didn't say I disliked them, the 5 of you together can just be a little wild.

We'll behave, I promise.

You better. You're pregnant, Jamie. Don't forget that.

Yeah, as if it's easy to forget. I'm carrying around a damn melon in my belly. My back hurts. My feet are killing me by the end of the day. I have to pee all the time.

He just stared at me.

You done?

Whatever smart ass.