IDGAF

|Vaughn's POV|

I am literally counting down the days until I can get back home. Between Uncle Mark having us do stuff around his house, Izzy and Jamie have been putting us to work. Brandon told us that he and Tyler would take us out and we'd do something "fun" on the weekend. Well, the weekend is here, but I don't trust anyone in this family's version of fun.

"Girls! Get up! Brandon and Tyler will be here soon and you two haven't had breakfast yet!"

Uncle Mark's voice echoed throughout the room.

"What time is it?" Murphy asked, half asleep.

"Time for the two of you to get up. Let's go," he stated.

I tried to crawl back under the covers, but that was short lived. I felt the cool breeze hit me as Uncle Mark took the blanket.

"Murphy and Vaughn, let's go!"

Murphy got up quicker than I did and went to the bathroom. I grabbed my phone and saw that it was only 9am.

"You going to stay in bed all day, or do you need some assistance getting up?" he asked.

I rolled my eyes.

"Do we have a problem?"

I do not like people waking me up out of my sleep. I'm cranky when they do. Uncle Mark and everyone else knows this.

"No, I'm just tired," I mumbled.

"I said goodnight to you and your sister around midnight. You should've got enough sleep," he stated.

"Uncle Mark, it was a Friday night."

"What's your point?"

I swore this man lived in the dark ages sometimes.

"We watched a movie before we went to sleep."

He shrugged.

"Well, I want you guys to have a hot breakfast before you go out with Brandon and Tyler today."

I just nodded, sliding back down on the bed, curling into a ball.

"Vaughn, you know I don't like repeating myself. For the last time, get up."

I sucked my teeth.

"Uncle Mark! Murphy is in the bathroom! I'm laying down until she gets out. Can you please leave me alone?!"

As I said that, Murphy walked out, fully dressed, and shook her head at me. Uncle Mark was glaring at me. All he had to do was leave me alone and let me wake up on my own, but no.

"I'll uh, be downstairs," Murphy said, leaving us alone in the room.

"Is this how we're going to start the day?" he questioned, folding his arms across his chest.

"I'm cranky when someone wakes me up. Everyone in this family knows that."

"So that gives you permission to speak to me the way you just did?"

"I'm sorry."

"Be downstairs in 20 minutes."

He didn't say anything and I was thankful I dodged the bullet of getting into it with him. Uncle Mark was way stricter than my dad. I did not need to be on his bad side.

After getting stressed, I headed downstairs to see Uncle Mark and Murphy eating breakfast. He pointed to the empty seat and I saw a plate filled with chocolate chip pancakes, bacon, and eggs. We ate and talked and the doorbell rang as we finished up.