Houston, We Have a Problem

|Bash's POV|

We were in the car, heading to the location of Zach's party. Mr. Mark offered his house since everyone was in town. It was more spacious and conveniently closer to the stadium.

I was pretty quiet as we rode in silence. I had my hand on Rory's thigh like I usually did when I drove. I hadn't spoken to her on what Zach had told me. I didn't know what to say to her. Let me rephrase that, I didn't know how to politely approach this conversation.

"Babe..."

"What's up?"

"What's wrong?"

I shook my head.

"I'm good, my love."

She sighed, but didn't say anything else. We reached Mr. Mark's house and everyone was pretty much arriving at the same time. I was about to get out when she stopped me.

"Sebastian, what's going on?"

"Ro, I told you I'm good."

"I can tell when something is up with you, Bash.  You went and met up with Zach last night. You came back in a mood, but told me you guys cleared the air."

"Yeah, we did clear the air."

"So, why are you acting like this? Did I do something wrong?"

Not necessarily.

"Baby, we can talk later. Come on."

Her phone started going off and she rolled her eyes at the caller ID. She ignored it and dropped it in the cup holder.

"Another blocked call," she mumbled.

"Again?" I questioned.

"Yeah. Happens ever so often. Could be spam. Anyways, back to you."

So she was going to sit here and lie in my face. I was really, really trying not to have this conversation right now. It wasn't the time or the place.

The phone started going off again. I picked it up before she could. Blocked call. I decided to answer it. I watched her eyes widen as I did. I didn't say anything, but the voice on the other end had quite a bit to say. I put it on speaker.

It's about time you started answering my calls. I don't like how you've been ignoring me, lil baby. 

I took the phone off speaker, stepping out of the car. She quickly did the same. I was steps ahead of her.

I don't know who the fuck you think you are calling my girl's phone like you lost your mind. She's not with you. She's been done with you. She damn sure ain't your baby. I advise you to lose her number.

Your girl? Right. You must be Sebastian. Heard about you. Tell Rory to call me when she's free.

I'm warning you now, back the fuck off. This is not a fight you want.

You should take your own advice. I tend to get what I want and getting Rory back will be no different. With our history, I'll be able to get whatever I want out of her, just like I have before. You think you gon change that? See you soon, Sebastian.

The call ended and I damn near threw her phone. I saw her standing a few feet away from me. Zach and Kylie had just pulled up.

"Bash..."

She moved closer to me. I handed her the phone.

"Aurora, go inside."

She gave me a look as I said her full name.