Balance

|Izzy's POV|

Logan was in the hospital a couple more days before he was released. No head trauma, thankfully. Tests were run more than once at Tyler's request. Once we got the all clear, we came home. My dad went back back to Florida with Vaughn once we got Logan home and settled. My mom has been here ever since. She's planning to leave in a few days, but anytime I can have my parents around, it's a win for me. They're a huge help, but I miss their presence more than anything.

Just when I thought Logan couldn't be more spoiled, his aunts and uncles have filled out house with balloons and toys. Yeah, some of these are going in the attic and he can earn them. Let Tyler tell it, he didn't deserve them at all. Speaking of papa bear, it took me a while to get him to back down off this punishment he had in mind. While my little daredevil can be a handful, I don't think he needs a spanking on top of a broken leg.

Logan is better on these crutches than I thought he would be. Tyler has been warning him to be careful and cautious not to trip anyone. I swear this boy just thinks everything is so damn funny. He's tripped all of us helping him saying it was an accident. Here I was trying to help him out and he kept digging a deeper hole for himself with his father.

"Mommy, can I have a snack?"

"Yeah, give me a minute."

"I can get it."

"Logan..."

"But mommy..."

"Logan, I said give me a minute. You see I'm doing something. You're not going to starve waiting."

He pouted, but turned his attention back to the TV. My mom came in with Olivia.

"Hey mom, hi my baby."

I placed a kiss on Olivia's cheek.

"How's the patient?" my mom asked.

"Restless."

"Your father was like that when he was injured.
Must be genetic," she replied, rolling her eyes.

I laughed.

"He was that bad?"

"You have no idea. The biggest baby ever. He tried so hard to rush and get back in the ring after every injury. Always pushing limits. Before he got the clearance from the doctor to work out, he was so moody. Logan reminds me a lot of that."

"I never saw that side of dad."

She nodded.

"He made sure you never did. Anytime you came around, his mood brightened. I remember when we were dating and he had to go to Alabama for rehab. You stayed with your grandparents and I stayed with him. He missed you so much. I'm sure if FaceTime was a thing back then it would've been easier. He didn't want you to see him like that. Took a lot of convincing to let him know that he'd always be your hero no matter what injury. Your presence on the weekends helped with his rehab then. He just got more focused than ever."

"Wow. He never really talked about that. I mean when I was injured he talked to me about taking

"I know, but I'm sure if you were to ask him, he'd tell you."

I nodded and then I heard Logan call my name again.

"Let me get your grandson a snack before he drives me crazy. Mommy this, mommy that. It's been nonstop more than usual since he's been home."

She laughed.

"He doesn't have an outlet like he usually does. Watching TV gets boring after a while."

"All these toys he has..."

"Doesn't make a difference."

"Well lucky for him he's back in school next week so he'll have something to do. He's good on his crutches, we made the school aware. Everything will start getting back to normal."