Nothing Else Matters

|Izzy's POV|

I was at the studio with the girls and the babies. Camp was in full session. Logan was at flag football camp for the week.  Next week he'd be back at school. We have him a choice between the camp here or football and he had to be like his Uncle Z so football it was. He calls Zach everyday and checks in to tell him what he's learned and to get "pointers."  The day was going usual until I got a call from the camp that literally made my world stop.

Hello.

Yes, is this Mrs. Law?

Speaking.

Mrs. Law, this is Coach Taylor. There's been an accident involving Logan.

As the words left his mouth, my heart dropped.

What, what type of accident?

Jamie looked over at me and moved closer.

He fell off the jungle gym. We called the ambulance as he hit his head. He also may have broken his leg. He's en route to the nearest hospital.

That happened to be the same one Tyler was working at.

How did he fall? Was he pushed? Where was the supervision.

Mrs. Law, there was supervision. The kids were playing after lunch and he slipped and fell. The surface was rubber, thankfully, but it was a drop.

Was he conscious?

He didn't say anything.

Was my son conscious?!

Mrs. Law, he was, but by the time the ambulance got here...

My brother in law in a lawyer and I can assure you we will be looking further into this. I should've been called as soon as he fell. Now you tell me he's at the hospital? Who rode with him? No one knows his information!

Mrs. Law, please...

Fuck that. For your sake I hope my son is okay.

I hung up and I didn't even realize I was shaking. I then started to sob. Jamie pulled me into a hug.

"Izzy, shh, breathe. It's okay, breathe. What's going on?"

"Logan, he fell. I need to call Tyler and get to the hospital. Where's Olivia?"

"She's right here. I'll drive you to the hopsital. Jas can watch the girls."

She waved Jas over and I sat there. Olivia started to whine and I quickly picked her up, holding her tighter to my chest.

"Hey, Izzy, I'll take her so you can go. She'll be okay."

I hesitantly handed Olivia over and Jamie said a few more words before we left. I decided to call my mom.

Hello.

Mommy...

Izzy, baby, what's wrong?

I started crying all over again.

Izzy, Isabella, whatever it is you can tell me. I'm right here, sweetheart.

It's Logan. There was an accident and he's at the hospital. I'm freaking out mom. I don't know what's going on. They didn't call me as soon as it happened. He's there all alone. He's...

Shhh, baby. He's getting the care he needs. That's what we have to focus on.

I could not stop crying.

Let me call your dad. I'll be there as soon as I can.

No, mom...

Isabella, we will be there. You stay strong for Logan. I love you.