episode two

Maggie stands looking at all the scans; her fingers play with the necklace tucked just into her scrubs as her eyes move from image to image

Maggie stands looking at all the scans; her fingers play with the necklace tucked just into her scrubs as her eyes move from image to image. She hears the door open and someone comes to stand beside her.

"Holy crap!" Mer says. "That's a beautiful but horrific time bomb." She says, squinting at the images. "This person's still walking?"

Yes and she's your daughter!!! Maggie wishes she could tell her but she just nods. "Yep. 25 years old and still walking."

"25? Twenty, and five?" Merediths shock is evident. "They wanna get on witb their bucket list - fast." She shakes her head. "Can you consult on a case for me?"

Maggie nods and turns the lights on closing the scans. She and Mer sit at the desk and Mer pulls up the file. "48 year old female with a twisted bowel. I've got her booked in for surgery tomorrow."

Maggie is confused. "What do you need me for?" She looks at the files.

"She's had difficulty under anesthesia before - she's reluctant to go in because she's scared her heart won't restart if she crashes. I assured her she'd be fine but I think it would help having that reassurance." Mer smiles.

Maggie nods. "I can come by - and I'll be on standby incase anything happens."

Mer grabs her stethoscope as she stands. "You're a star. Mags?"

Maggie looks over at her sister, who's paused in the doorway. "Yeah?"

"Does that 25 year old know?" She asks.

Maggie nods. "They do."

"You should encourage them to take tbe surgery. At 25 they've got their whole life ahead of them - it's worth the risk. Right?"

Maggie nods and smiles small. "I will. I'm trying to get through to them."

"Let me know if I can help." She smiles and walks off.

Maggie sits back and rubs her face. "Goddammit!" She snaps.

Amelia pauses in the doorway. "Woah, I was gonna ask you if you wanted to grab food but you're cranky and I already had a 6 month old, I don't need another stroppy child."

Maggie sighs. "I hate patient confidentiality! I hate it!" She snaps.

Amelia sits beside her. "No you don't. Not entirely." She shakes her head and looks at her sister. "Have you slept much lately?"

Maggie sighs and leans her head back as she rocks side to side in the chair. "Not entirely. It's just... one of those cases." She sighs; she shakes her head as she stands. "Anyways - food? You're paying."

"I always pay." Amelia tuts as she follows.

"You eat more than me and its always your idea!"

Amelia smirks. "Yeah... that's true."