epsiode fifty

Enora sits tapping the tray table, staring into the OR

Enora sits tapping the tray table, staring into the OR. That's her baby boy. Her little Gray. And she refuses to leave; Bailey said to close the gallery but Enora refused - she isn't leaving.

"It's daunting with the mother watching, no?" Doctor Omar asks as she glances up at the windows. Many of those pivotal names she heard during her training are there. Amelia Shepherd, Meredith Grey, Miranda Bailey, Carina DeLuca...

Cristina doesn't look over. "I don't care." She simply says. She does, of course she does, but she can't let herself get distracted.

"How we doing?" Bailey asks as she comes in, mask over her face.

Cristina sighs and looks over. "I'd do even better without your interference ever 5 minutes."

"Can it, Yang." She tuts. "Where we at?"

Yang focuses. "I've put in an artificial valve to repair the atresia, it's bovine so should grow with him. I'm working on the septal defect now, shouldn't be more than 3 hours."

"Good, I'll update Enora." Bailey goes to leave.

"Why don't you just turn the intercom on?" Omar asks, looking at the two women.

"Hold your tongue." Yang orders.

Bailey rolls her eyes. "Cristina Yang, I know I taught you better manners than that - you hold your tongue." She sasses. "I told Enora the one condition of her sitting up there is the intercom stays off. No one in here talks to her and she won't talk to you. Now I'm gonna go update her."

"Be my guest." Yang rolls her eyes.

Enora gets nervous at the interaction - she feels like she's watching a silent movie. When Bailey comes in she stands, looking over. "Well?"

"He's doing good. She's onto the septal defect." Bailey smiles. "Little trooper we got there."

Jax exhales as he smiles. "Knew it."

"He's doing okay under sedation? How's his-"

"Stop." Bailey orders. "You are a parent right now, no doctor talk." She points sternly. She goes to say something when her pager goes. "Dammit..."

"Is it one of my patients?" Nor asks. She handed a few cases to Hayes, some to Bailey - yes she isn't peds, but they're general surgery cases so she can handle it.

"Your bowel transplant girl." Bailey sighs. "But don't worry-"

"Let me come see her." Nor begs. "Let me do some work. Please. I'm going stir crazy and that drugs trolley outside is-"

"Go." Bailey and Jax say together.

Nor kisses his cheek and rushes out. He smiles small and sits up as she goes; Mer sits by him. "You're not thinking the same are you?" She asks as she watches the surgery.